Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1972 Yellow 914 2.0L Megasquirt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
yarin
For Sale:
After much thought and hesitation I’ve finally decided to my very special 914 up for sale. I purchased this car in 2005 as a carbureted track car. After bringing her home and spending countless hours tuning the carburetors resulting in a mediocre tune I decided to go the standalone fuel injection route and upgraded to Megasquirt. Along the way, the car has seen numerous upgrades and TLC. This car is a phenomenal autocross car and head turning street car. Turn signals and brake lights are fully functional, car is registered and insured since day 1 for approx. $160/year under historical car insurance. This is a car for people who want a reliable weekend fun car / track + autoX car as well as those who love to dig into the technicals of a standalone engine management system. The convenience of towing has been added via front tow bar making it easy to bring this car anywhere. Don’t be intimidated by the modern electronics, absolutely no attention is needed in this department. I haven’t hooked up a laptop to the Megasquirt in over two years, the laptop, software and cable is all included in this package as well as my support and assistance. I rarely drive this car anymore since getting married and moving to an apartment closer to the city. I’m looking to sell or trade down for a Miata. I've been posting on this forum for 5+ years, a bunch of people know me from the local clubs and online forums. Been a die hard Porsche guy for as long as I can remember, 951 and 986 in the family.

Pictures over the past 5 years: http://picasaweb.google.com/yarink/1972914...feat=directlink
Plenty of videos to upload ( to follow)
NNJR Autocross

Specs:
1972 Porsche 914—Yellow
1973 2.0L “warmed” engine, approx 115hp – anyone who drives this car will tell you it’s among the fastest 2.0L cars around
205/50/15 Kumho V710s on 7” Panasports—only 2 events . The wheels alone are worth a good amount
Megasquirt II v. 3.0 fuel injection—Laptop Programmable (IBM Thinkpad included Not used in 2+ years. No need!)
Innovative LC-1 Wideband O2 sensor
4-2-1 Header System (Early Tangerine Racing) with stub pipes (installed, mounted)
Weltmeister front anti-sway bar
Rear coilovers—~220 lb springs, no rear sway bar
Autopower roll cage tied to rear suspension towers, fire resistant padding, gutted interior
Corbeau Forza seats, 5 point cam-lock belt
Brad Penn 20w50 Oil
Dakota Digital head temp gauge, oil pressure gauge
Tony of history in PCA Club Racing from PO, full race log
Approx 2000lbs wet
Upgraded side shift transmission w/ short 3,4,5, spare stock side shift included, solid transmission mounts
VW Tow bar for 2” receiver + Tow Lights
Aluminum pedal board
Replaced all four CV joints
History:
Purchased in 2005 after PO rebuilt heads, tranny
Built and tuned Megasquirt fuel injection
Modern megasquirt relay board
Replaced all fuel lines, fuel pump, fuel filter, cleaned tank
Replaced all four rotors/pads
Front wheel bearings
Recent battery
K&N Air filter w/ custom intake
High speed ebay starter
Replaced shifter bushing at all points
Autocrossed for 5+ years
2-3 DE events w/ PCA

Included Spares:
Side shift transmission w/ stock gears
1.8L engine core
Street wheels/tires
Misc electrical, fuel injection parts
External oil cooler
Lightweight flywheel
much much more

Last compression figures:
cold
3 130, 4 129, 1 130, 2 130
hot
3 128, 4 129, 1 123, 2 120

Other:
Paint job was done by PO, not perfect but good at 5 feet
Slight oil drip when parked
Roof is included and latches properly, passenger side window present but drivers side does not.
Car has no radio, heat, seals are worn and not water tight. The only time this car sees rain is when its washed.
Headlights popup and parking lights work but have never been used
The bottom line: $8750 with all spares, will deliver within 200 miles. Serious inquiries only. The car is located in Somers, NY and has been autocrossed for 5+ years around the metro NY area (MetroNY PCA, NNJR PCA, Motorsports NE, etc).
driving.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
turboman808
I can't believe your selling your car. Seriously if I had the space I would let you store it for free.
yarin
Bump.. ... driving.gif
yarin
Happy/sorry to report that the car has been SOLD! Received payment last week, shipper picked up the car this afternoon. She's on the way to her new owner in the UK. Also happy to report that the new owner found on this forum! Thanks 914world! Hope the new owner uses the forums and continues to contribute to the community.

Best of luck to everyone! Now I need to find something to replace the hole in my heart.. going to miss that car..

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.