Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear camber shims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschenut
I have 5-6 shims in the back, want to pull them and get some negative camber for the track. Is there any way to remove without affecting the rear toe? Probably not, but someone out there might have figured it out.
Mueller
nope....your best bet is to measure it before hand and re-do it once you remove the shim(s)

this is something that can be done at home with no real special tools
machina
you can check toe pretty easy with a tape measure, straight edge, and some string. Its described pretty well in the carroll smith book Prepare to Win

dr
lapuwali
I very accurate shadetree way to check toe is to use two straight pins and a tape measure. Put the pins in the tire tread more or less in the center pointing forwards. Measure with the tape. Roll the car backwards until the pins are pointing straight back. Measure again. The difference is your toe. Works perfectly on the front. On the rear, you can't check toe completely w/o measuring a centerline, which takes some string and some jackstands to do properly.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Apr 15 2004, 08:22 AM)
I very accurate shadetree way to check toe is to use two straight pins and a tape measure. Put the pins in the tire tread more or less in the center pointing forwards. Measure with the tape. Roll the car backwards until the pins are pointing straight back. Measure again.

There are times when I'm dense &, I guess, this is one of them... confused24.gif
Measure what/where?

Also, is there somewhere to read about the string method other than the book dr mentioned for the rear? I just installed my Bilsteins on the rear and lowered it clap56.gif

......b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.