Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 2.0 914-4 Headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
NC_Colfax
Looking for a used set of headers to replace the heat exchangers. 1 1/2 perfered but 1 5/8 would also work.

I am going to be working on the valve cover and adjusting the valves soon.I would like to replace the exhaust at the same time.

Thanks in Advance piratenanner.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(NC_Colfax @ Sep 2 2010, 06:31 PM) *

Looking for a used set of headers to replace the heat exchangers. 1 1/2 perfered but 1 5/8 would also work.

I am going to be working on the valve cover and adjusting the valves soon.I would like to replace the exhaust at the same time.

This is SOT, but just a few notes for you -- I apologize if you know all this stuff already, but it sure would have helped me when i swapped my exhaust.

- When you replace the exhaust, make sure you get a set of the special copper gaskets, and make sure you take the old ones out. A dental pick will help. And be careful -- sometimes people put new ones on without taking the old ones out, so you may have layers of old copper gaskets in there.

- If you're getting headers you may need the stubs too, so make sure they're included or budget for a set of those.

- If you have the cash, Chris Foley's header is supposed to be da shizz.

- Be very careful not to overtighten the nuts on the exhaust studs. the studs are steel and the block is aluminum so you could easily strip out the threads in the head, which means it's helicoil time.

underthetire
QUOTE(NC_Colfax @ Sep 2 2010, 03:31 PM) *

There are OBX headers on evilbay, not sure about them, never used them myself. The tangerine headers are awesome but may be out of your budget?
NC_Colfax
QUOTE(rwilner @ Sep 2 2010, 06:40 PM) *

This is SOT, but just a few notes for you -- I apologize if you know all this stuff already, but it sure would have helped me when i swapped my exhaust.

- When you replace the exhaust, make sure you get a set of the special copper gaskets, and make sure you take the old ones out. A dental pick will help. And be careful -- sometimes people put new ones on without taking the old ones out, so you may have layers of old copper gaskets in there.

- If you're getting headers you may need the stubs too, so make sure they're included or budget for a set of those.

- Be very careful not to overtighten the nuts on the exhaust studs. the studs are steel and the block is aluminum so you could easily strip out the threads in the head, which means it's helicoil time.

Yes thanks but really not looking to spend that kind of $$. They are super nice.
I am just hoping for a decent used set off a race car or parted out car.
NC_Colfax
Yeah I saw the OBX....just not sure about them either. I like the price but I know some of their turbo headers were junkie looking. Saw a few years ago at a car show and all had leaks on the the pipe side of the flange.
EdwardBlume
I have a set... the ad might still be around somewhere..
NC_Colfax
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 3 2010, 10:20 AM) *

I have a set... the ad might still be around somewhere..

Are you willing or can the exhaust be shipped to the east coast??
dlwbbr

See attached FS. parts list-includes new header and Supertrapp.
Thanks,
Dan W. dlwbbr@yahoo.com
dlwbbr
QUOTE(rwilner @ Sep 2 2010, 06:40 PM) *

I have a new Chris Foley ceramic coated header for 914 $1,100. Thanks, Dan Williams dlwbbr@yahoo.com
NC_Colfax
I have purchased a set

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.