Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newly finished steelies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
Came back from media blast all nicely primed.

IPB Image

Then, I sprayed backsides, KMA.gif With satin black,
IPB Image
IPB Image

then the face side with Wurth's White Wheel paint.

IPB Image
IPB Image

at first, they looked less silver, and dull, but a quick wipe with 0000 steel wool and then polymer wax, and I think they match the original spare, pretty well. whatcha think??

Lennies914
Those turned out really nice. beer.gif
Rav914
Yeah those look great!
Mike Bellis
Very nice finish. But you need Fuchs
McMark
I think, even though most people call me crazy, those wheels are my second favorite stock 914 wheel. And you made that set OUTSTANDING! Great job!
Rav914
No you're not crazy. For steel wheels they're my second favorite after 5-lug steelies.
RFoulds
I much prefer Fuchs, either 5 lug or stock 2.0. but this car is about "equipped as delivered". For street use, I have a set of Rivs that are next to be refinished.

championgt1
Those look amazing! drooley.gif
Tom_T
Great job! smilie_pokal.gif
... & amazing how the silver came out on them from your before 0000/wax pix!
EdwardBlume
barf.gif

just kidding... smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
RFoulds
thanks everyone. I'm pleased with the results. The new tires arrive from Coker next week, mounting and balancing, then I will put these wheels on so I can start refurbishing the Riv's

Car itself is still at Desert Motorsports, fuel lines are all replaced, new tank is in and we will be firing her up early next week.
Medtner3
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Sep 2 2010, 09:45 PM) *

thanks everyone. I'm pleased with the results. The new tires arrive from Coker next week, mounting and balancing, then I will put these wheels on so I can start refurbishing the Riv's

Car itself is still at Desert Motorsports, fuel lines are all replaced, new tank is in and we will be firing her up early next week.

Did you paint the insides of the wheels black or is that just the photo looks dark?
DBF
The wheels look nice. What make and size tires are putting on the car?
wonkipop
love them.

nice work.

don't listen to the hell-oui drum bangers. stirthepot.gif

SirAndy
This thread is 12 years old ...
wacko.gif
jim_hoyland
So, how have they held up this past 12 years ?
wonkipop
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 1 2022, 10:36 PM) *

This thread is 12 years old ...
wacko.gif

star steelies are timeless. smile.gif
914werke
aktion035.gif Just happen to be doing this as well
Literati914
Maybe it’s just the lighting, but I feel the color is just not quite right.. my personal opinion of course. Interestingly, the OP mentioned using “Wurth White wheel paint” but I have to assume he meant “white alloy”. However, I have an original that (to me) tends towards a very slight light blue toned silver… also, no metal flake is detectable (at least it’s very fine and understated). It’s the color I want to replicate specifically for my own set.

914werke
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Literati914
Rich you gotta post a pic of how that comes out once done!
- ok, ok..please poke.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.