Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Car Is Gone - Big Fire!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
I am sorry to post this here.
Being new (only 2 months) to Porsche 914 ownership, I have found many parts from you guys. Some made it onto the car, some are still in my garage.

Today, my car was in a fire at the local shop - getting some routine stuff done.

I will no longer need parts - but thanks to all those who helped me.

I will however be in need of a new car.

See the link below (they got the wrong car type - but oh well. Any obituary is better than none at all).

I still cannot believe this happened. I am in total shock!

Rob
forgot the link
I told you I am rattled!

http://www.wlwt.com/news/24860761/detail.html

Rob
NORD

SORRY TO HEAR THAT!

Hope you stay with the 914 in the future and good luck on a purchase.

This could be a blessing and the next one even BETTER.
rwilner
So sorry to hear about your loss sad.gif Any idea why it caught fire??

<heebie jeebies> I'm having racer chris install his stainless fuel lines in my car this wknd... </heebie jeebies>
Bartlett 914
What a nightmare! So sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you will find a suitable replacement. Nor sure what price range but there are a lot of nice cars around. Tracks914 (Doug Armstrong) comes to mind first. Lots of luck
Cheapsnake
Tough break Rob, but there's always another project (adventure) right around the corner. And look on the bright side, you've already got a parts car. Sorry, bad joke..

Good luck and keep in touch.

Tom
carr914
QUOTE(1972914 @ Sep 2 2010, 08:09 PM) *

forgot the link
I told you I am rattled!

Rob

Holy Snikeys, you had a 918 Spyder? What were you buying parts from us for?

Sorry about your luck. I've been there.
Krieger
That totally sucks mad.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(1972914 @ Sep 2 2010, 05:09 PM) *

forgot the link
I told you I am rattled!

Rob

Well Rob, sorry to hear that & hope you can get another nice one. sad.gif

Making lemonade out of lemons ..... since they listed it in the paper as "... the Porsche 918 Spyder ...." - maybe you can convince you or their insurance company to cut you a check for the 918's $650,000 price tag!!?? biggrin.gif
IronHillRestorations
Total bummer. The only good part of the whole story is that they called your 914 a 918 spyder!
db9146
Sorry to hear about the loss..hopefully insured?

You could always take this news story (since they always print nothing but the truth) to your insurance agent, cash in, and buy a real Porsche w00t.gif
JRust
That totaly sucks man. Sorry for your loss. We can help you find another one. Hopefully it is the shops fault & their insurance will be covering it. Just ask us for help with the insurance there are a few threads out there on insurance stuff. Make sure you get a good setlement from them to replace your 914.
markb
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 2 2010, 09:03 PM) *

That totaly sucks man. Sorry for your loss. We can help you find another one. Hopefully it is the shops fault & their insurance will be covering it. Just ask us for help with the insurance there are a few threads out there on insurance stuff. Make sure you get a good setlement from them to replace your 914.

agree.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Sorry to here about your loss. Contact me via a P.M. I have paper work on 914

values via Porsche Panorama . Also my rust free 914 is for sale now , and I live

in North West Ohio . Easy drive up to see and inspect it. Let me know.

Dave slap.gif
For all those interested - thanks for the sympathy - I appreciate it.

The fire was started when a mechanic working in the bay next to me started up a torch to do some work on a car next to mine. The guy working on my car had disconnected the fuel lines and some gas was on the ground. Kaboom!

The shop is insured and so am I. Hopefully things will go smoothly. I was really enjoying that car! As you all know - at some point it is not the money (well it kinda is) but the hours invested in the car will not be enjoyed by anyone anymore.

Oh well - I am in search of her replacement. Maybe a 918 spyder (wouldn't that be nice...)

Rob

EdwardBlume
Sorry dude... perhaps something better will come along...
carr914
QUOTE(1972914 @ Sep 3 2010, 06:25 AM) *

The fire was started when a mechanic working in the bay next to me started up a torch to do some work on a car next to mine. The guy working on my car had disconnected the fuel lines and some gas was on the ground. Kaboom!

The shop is insured and so am I. Hopefully things will go smoothly. I was really enjoying that car! As you all know - at some point it is not the money (well it kinda is) but the hours invested in the car will not be enjoyed by anyone anymore.

Oh well - I am in search of her replacement. Maybe a 918 spyder (wouldn't that be nice...)

Rob

The fact that it was their fault is the best part of the story. I would deal with their Insurance company 1st ( and maybe only - heck you don't want a claim on your policy if you can help) and take them to the cleaners.

I remember when that Tire Shop dropped Qarl's Lotus Elise off the lift and they ended up buying him a New Exige.

Good Luck
jsayre914
WTF.gif

thats not supposed to happen with an oil change sad.gif

i am sorry that happend to you, i hope you get a car 10X better on there dime beerchug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Sep 3 2010, 11:59 AM) *

WTF.gif

thats not supposed to happen with an oil change sad.gif

It wasn't an oil change. The reporter for WKRP in Cinncinati must have just graduated from Grade School. 918 Spyder, I'm still getting a kick out of that.

If you read the OP posts, he says the gas lines were disconnected and the mechanic in the next bay lit up a Torch
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.