Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Refinishing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biker bob
I need to repaint my Pedrini wheels. Anyone know the correct color and brand of paint needed?
draganc
QUOTE(biker bob @ Sep 3 2010, 09:33 AM) *

I need to repaint my Pedrini wheels. Anyone know the correct color and brand of paint needed?

bob,

check out pelican parts' webpage at paint. they have a wuerth paint can listed that should be the same color - i think it's VW gray.

dragan
RFoulds
I just got the correct Wurth paint from Goodspeed Motoring in Central CA. They have a great online store.

there are two Wurth paints, that are close, White and Silver. Later German cars use the Wurth Silver Wheel paint. I have done Boxster and newer 911 wheels with this, and it looks great. But, its a little darker and hasd a lot more metal flake in it than the original finish of older wheels.

I just refinished my later-style steel wheels with Wurth White wheel paint. It looks exactly like the original finish. I bet it will be closer to your correct Pedrini finish. But, if you are not looking for exact OE look, the Wurth Silver is a great look.

Call or check out Goodspeed online.

And here is my previous post about my wheel refinish.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=110752
Tom_T
QUOTE(biker bob @ Sep 3 2010, 10:33 AM) *

welcome.png

Also check out the Wheels & Tires nailed thread in the O&H Forum for OE wheel & finish info. Wurth silver may be the right one for the Pedrini & Mahle wheels IIRC, cuz I think they're a bit shiner than the Steelies theat RFoulds just refinished & posted in there.
VaccaRabite
I know it is not "CW" correct, but they look SO good this way:
IPB Image
Zach
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we use the wurth brand of silver at least 100 cans on the shelf. Then we follow it with the clear. Very popular sales item here.

QUOTE(biker bob @ Sep 3 2010, 10:33 AM) *

Drums66
...For what it's Wurth aktion035.gif
bye1.gif
biker bob
Zach is the shiney part polished or silver? They do look good.
RFoulds
Zach, that is a nice look. Don't think I have seen it before.

Doc, I am very tempted to shoot a coat of clear on mine, but I know SOMEONE will note that the OE wheels never had clear on them.

So for now, its just Menzerna Polymer Sealant.

VaccaRabite
I think that all they did was paint the recessed areas, polish the lip and spokes, and clear the wheel. otherwise, the lip and spokes would oxidize pretty quick.

Zach
RFoulds
Needs polished lug bolts or black caps to finish it off. I'm that picky.
VaccaRabite
agree.gif
That was just the first picture the GIS turned up when I was looking for an example.

Zach
Drums66
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Sep 3 2010, 01:21 PM) *

Needs polished lug bolts or black caps to finish it off. I'm that picky.

Must be hip to coordination poke.gif bye1.gif

(not many are!?)
bugsy0
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 3 2010, 12:04 PM) *

I know it is not "CW" correct, but they look SO good this way:
IPB Image
Zach

yeah man - very nice aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.