Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Taco Plate and sensor $100 obo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Gigamight
I cannot verify working condition of sensor, but PO said it worked fine. I have cut the wire but left about a foot for easy connecting. Lat one I saw on the "bay" went for around 150 for the set, I am asking $100 or best offer plus shipping

Click to view attachment
type47
You should be able to test the resistance to tell if it's good, it's just a thermal resistor.
Gigamight
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 4 2010, 03:23 PM) *

You should be able to test the resistance to tell if it's good, it's just a thermal resistor.

Ok, I must admit at this point that I am an idiot with that stuff. I can get my hands on the tester, can anyone give me a how to on testing this thing?
type47
Take a Volt-Ohm meter (VOM) and set the selector to measure ohms. Take the 2 leads and touch one lead to the body of the sensor and the other to the male spade terminal. Easier to just see pix than write explanation. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Gigamight
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 6 2010, 10:13 AM) *

Take a Volt-Ohm meter (VOM) and set the selector to measure ohms. Take the 2 leads and touch one lead to the body of the sensor and the other to the male spade terminal. Easier to just see pix than write explanation. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Fantastic! Thank you. I will be digging out my multi. (I have one, just never learned how to use it)
c12croft
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Sep 6 2010, 08:36 AM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 6 2010, 10:13 AM) *

Fantastic! Thank you. I will be digging out my multi. (I have one, just never learned how to use it)

As a thermister there should be chart to verify temp v. resistance?
type47
QUOTE(c12croft @ Sep 6 2010, 09:18 AM) *

As a thermister there should be chart to verify temp v. resistance?

I looked through the workshop manual for specs on temp vs resistance and couldn't find anything. Was even looking for resistance at ambient temp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.