Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, No PC: but still fun car junk....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Sorry for no PC, but so many of you are fab guys I thought you might enjoy this. I just received these pics of the new c-type jag build.

A bit of history, we have a 55 D-type replica. When it was purchased last year, it was neat, but was missing all sorts of detail parts and needed some other issues corrected to make it more correct. While sourcing parts, we started ordering stuff from a guy in Black Foot Idaho – his company is called Vintage Jag works. What he did not have in stock, he was always able to locate very quickly. Being that the car was not common, we questioned him on how he was able to locate this stuff (and why the prices were so reasonable). As expected, he had stockpiled lots of this stuff for the past 40+ years. Then he told us that the stuff that was no longer available, he simply made himself. Crazy stuff, like literally casting his own door hinges and intake manifolds, even making tiny little things like gauge needles and small little indicator light bezels – and even steering wheels.
So we get to know this guy (Walt) pretty well and we find out that he had built four lemans C-Type replicas using original factory blue prints. We (dad, bro and myself) decided we needed to meet this guy. We try and do a guys trip every year, so this year, we hopped a flight to Pocatello, ID and drove to Blackfoot (stopping at the potato museum on the way of course). This guys shop is in the middle of nowhere. The only service work he does is limited to 1 or 2 cars in the entire area. He does restoration work, but obviously you have to ship your car to him. He lives on site, there are old jags (and Studebakers!) filling up a huge back lot. There isn’t a tree in sight – I cant imagine what the winters must be like. One wall of the shop was covered in those giant platters you get for winning the big concours events. The vibe was simply awesome. He took us through the process, showed us some stuff he was working on, pics of other cars, and a partially built frame. After 4-5 hours, the deal was done. This was in April.

We have seen some progress pics, mostly of the raw frame and some of the individual parts – but nothing assembled. Last night the attached pics arrived. Pretty neat. If any of you are in Portland and have any interest, I guess there is a big British car show up there in the next few weeks. The car is being shipped up there in its current state for display, to promote Walt’s business. Please excuse the modern front brakes, he is still trying to locate the correct calipers Hoping to have the completed car by Christmas. I will also attach a pic of what the end result will look like.
beerchug.gif
Scott S
cock pit and finished car
ELLIOTT
Wow , thats a classy sports car
Scott S
here are acouple more "stock" pics of the finished car
KaptKaos
smilie_pokal.gif

Very cool!
rick 918-S
Nice!
Ferg
beerchug.gif Can't wait to see it.

Next week I'm open for shop time biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.