Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paper Hose?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
Does anyone have a source for the paper hoses throughout the car? I've started putting the car back together and it seems silly to use all the old hoses. They are faded, brittle, or falling apart.

Thanks
zonedoubt
I found some at my FLAPS.
LotusJoe
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Sep 3 2010, 01:52 PM) *

I'm not familiar with my FLAPS?
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Sep 3 2010, 03:56 PM) *

QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Sep 3 2010, 01:52 PM) *

I'm not familiar with my FLAPS?

FLAPS = Friendly Local Auto Parts Store
Tom_T
Hmmm...... I thought the F was for something else! biggrin.gif

Joe - also at PP/Automotion, Pelican, AA, GPR, etc. in both the stock paper & upgrated aluminized & neoprene/loprene flavors, cut & end-capped in the sizes/lengths specifically to fit your MY 914 (73 2L IIRC).

Sounds like you may have it ready for CnC soon! shades.gif
VaccaRabite
Mark (Mikey914) also sells the paper heater hoses. Same guy that does all the rubber seals.

Zach
Drums66
Local Vdub shop's(volkswagen) yellowsleep[1].gif poke.gif
bye1.gif

*remember*
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Sep 3 2010, 02:52 PM) *

bye1.gif

*remember*

There are few, if any, paper hoses used on VWs that even approximate the sizes used on 914s and 911s.

The Cap'n
SLITS
Pelican Parts sells a length of it used on 911s that can be cut to size if necessary.
McMark
Two sizes here...
Mikey914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 3 2010, 02:38 PM) *

Mark (Mikey914) also sells the paper heater hoses. Same guy that does all the rubber seals.

Zach

Thanks for the props, but mine are actually high temp rubber. Imagine that!
Andyrew
See if you have any VW auto parts stores in your area, Probably going to find some in their dollar bin.

I stashed a couple of them from swap meets and such..

This is assuming you cant find them @ the FLAPS
nsr-jamie
I would go with Mikey (Marks) at 914 rubber.com he has some hoses I have bought from him in the past that are not on his side, he can also custom cut them for you to any length and they will last way longer....are you talking about the ones down the longs?
championgt1
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Sep 3 2010, 02:52 PM) *

bye1.gif

*remember*

agree.gif
Gint
There are two VW paper hoses that actually fit all of the interior and flapper boxes in the front trunk. I know because I've bought them (they're around here someplace!). I don't have the part numbers handy at this time, but they do indeed exist. Measure your hoses and go to a better quality parts house that stocks a good number of VW air hoses. You'll find them and pay $3-5 bucks for them.

Read some more of this thread too. If Mikey914 has paper hoses, you can save yourself a step and just by them form hi, I'm sure he's figured out the details if indeed he sells them and they're gonna be cheap to boot.
Katmanken
If memory serves, it's the VW squareback paper hose that is the one you want for the front heaterbox area. It's bigger than the beetle hose.

I need to do mine, so get busy and find it biggrin.gif
realred914
if youhave trouble find the exact fit of VW hoses (some do fit) you can make an adaptor out of a short length of 914 hose and fit a smaller VW bug hose inside of it. you can use this for the engine bay fan. If the VW shop has a decent selection of VW hose, you will find one that fits, Plastic hose is also available more water proof, as is metalized hose. paper metal, plastic, the three food groups!
realred914
dont they live in paper houses in japan?, oh...paper hoses, never mind!
bandjoey
Autozone has the large hose
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.