Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BBQ Time for Florida AND hopefully Atlanta People
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steveherman
wertygrog (brent) and i are gonna have a get together.
He is moving to California so lets try to have a bunch of people to wish him well.

Here is the current plan:
We have no plan but we want to come up with one.

Here is what we do know:
  • Will be in Daytona (about 2 mi off I-4)
  • We are trying to come up with the best time for the most people to come... so give us the best time and best day (saturday or sunday) for you
  • MUST BE BETWEEN NOW AND "MID-OCTOBERISH"
  • We will be doing a cookout and driving "the loops" in daytona
  • And would like to have everyone bring one or two items (i will find out later what items everyone will bring)
  • There will be an RSVP to see how many people will show (we dont want to have 10 burgers and 20 people show up or have 50 burgers and 5 people show up)
  • ALL CARS and FAMILY welcome
So lets get this party started.
What day and time should we do this?

See ya soon
steve
carr914
Sept 18 & 19, I'll be @ Sebring for PCA DE
Sept 25 & 26 I may be @ Sebring for the ChumpCar World Series
Sept 28 - Oct 2 I'll be @ Petit LeMans

so any other time is fine for me

T.C.
poorsche914
Why not move the party north and join everyone on the Dragon October 14-17?
318 curves in 11 miles sounds WAY more fun than cruising around Daytona blink.gif
And if the 914 count hits 40, George is going to bring out his 916 drooley.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105370

driving.gif
carr914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 4 2010, 10:58 AM) *

Dream On. George ain't taking his 916 anywhere. Always says it, never does.
wertygrog
I'd love to have some 914 people over to my place in Daytona for some grillin, then afterwards we can cruise up to The Loop! driving.gif It's probably the twistiest road in all of Florida, but most peeps don't know about it. It runs through a marshy forest north of Daytona and meets up with A1A which is a nice beach cruising road. Pm Steve or I if you'd like to do this, probably late September! beerchug.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 4 2010, 09:58 AM) *

318 curves in 11 miles sounds WAY more fun than cruising around Daytona blink.gif

driving.gif

agree.gif

We hit 40 teeners George will produce if I have to go pick the 916 up on a tow dolly and drag it backwards up there!
Click to view attachment
steveherman
few reasons i will never go back to the dragon is cops are not very nice at all on the dragon:

they do harass bikes more but i have seen them harass cars. (search you tube for cops and deals gap)

Also the 18 wheelers on the dragon are insane. too many close calls and actual accidents for me.(search you tube for 18 wheelers and deals gap)

and if you make a mistake or car fails (think brakes and tire blow out) in the wrong place there is a chance of going down the side of a cliff.

the problem is too many inexperienced riders and the trucks... no matter how careful you are the is ALWAYS someone there that isnt careful.

I like my car... and the risk is not worth it to me... no matter how small you think the risk is the risk is still much worse in that environment than everyday driving.
carr914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 5 2010, 02:41 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 4 2010, 09:58 AM) *

driving.gif

agree.gif

We hit 40 teeners George will produce if I have to go pick the 916 up on a tow dolly and drag it backwards up there!
Click to view attachment

Well, you better put a gun to his head and a knife to his throat when you show up to tow the 916. It Will Not happen. Look at what happened prior to the last RennSport Reunion, that is a more significant event than MUSR. He committed to Steve Gaglione (one of his best friends and a consultant to AA)to bring the 916, The MotorTrend car and others to the Porsche History display that Steve & PCA organized. Well since George wasn't going to be paid, he bailed. Didn't bring any cars and didn't even show up.
KELTY360
Wow, no wonder it's so hard to get an event organized. A guy starts a thread to set up a BBQ for a friend who's moving and everybody tells him what he should do instead and then turns it into George916 reality check. WTF.gif
steveherman
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 5 2010, 06:06 PM) *

Wow, no wonder it's so hard to get an event organized. A guy starts a thread to set up a BBQ for a friend who's moving and everybody tells him what he should do instead and then turns it into George916 reality check. WTF.gif

agree.gif

forums can be a rather frustrating and yet awesome thing.

very few topics ever stay on topic.

BTW wertygrog is an awesome guy.
super smart. helpful and florida 914ers are gonna be losing a good member.

So please lets make this a good event.
Come and meet a great guy or two.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.