Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window channel lengths
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
I just got finished bead blasting two sets and only noticed after I set them aside that they are different lengths. One set came of a '72 and the other came off of a '74. One set (I believe the '72 - not sure) is at least 1" shorter than the other set.

Is that correct - different lengths in the door channels. I know the '72 has the old style doors and the '74 has the reinforced doors and new style window lift.

Thanks in advance!
roadster fan
The early doors and later doors use different end caps to finish the channel at the door latch side. I think the felt strips are the same for early and late as I dont think there is two part numbers for them.

The plastic end caps make up the difference in channel length allowing the use of the same felt strip. hope this helps,

Jim
PanelBilly
For the third time, I'm working on installing the aluminum strip with the rubber I got from Mike914. I can't seem to make the rubber stay n the groove and lay flat against the body. I'm thinking this time I will use a glue
Mikey914
The window "scraper" dosen't press in. It slides in from the side. I little soapy water or other lubricant will help make it slide easier. No glue required. You can start it and use a plyers (to grip the rubber that may be slippery) to help slide it down.
beerchug.gif
Hope this helps.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Sep 4 2010, 05:59 PM) *

The early doors and later doors use different end caps to finish the channel at the door latch side. I think the felt strips are the same for early and late as I dont think there is two part numbers for them.

The plastic end caps make up the difference in channel length allowing the use of the same felt strip. hope this helps,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply - I forgot about the different end caps - that makes sense.

Cheers!
roadster fan
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 4 2010, 05:51 PM) *

For the third time, I'm working on installing the aluminum strip with the rubber I got from Mike914. I can't seem to make the rubber stay n the groove and lay flat against the body. I'm thinking this time I will use a glue

I had a similiar issue with a oem scraper until I realized that I was trying to install it upside down. I am sure you are doing it the correct way, but when I first tried it without having an expample to go by (had been off a long time) it seemed like it would go the other way. after some frustration I flipped it over and fit perfect. I have slid them in and pressed them into the groove I think both will work. I use soapy water both ways.

Hope this helps,

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.