Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All original matching numbers 1970 914-6 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
sgrisanti
I am offering my 1970 914-6 body and engine and transmission for sale. All numbers are matching and I have the Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche in Germany. I am the second owner and purchased it from the original owner who used it from 1970 to 1979. The car was stored since then and the windshield still has the 1979 New York inspection and registration stickers on. The color which is original is Irish Green with tan interior. This is also on the Certificate of Authenticity.

I purchased this car after a long search and already have over $41,000.00 invested, however, I am only selling the body, engine case, and transmission. The interior car was stripped as I was restoring every component. I have many photo's available and the car currently is stored in my heated/Air conditioned garage and is sitting on the original steel 5-lugged rims, the harness is still attached, and the original brake calipers are on. The only part of the car besides what is listed above is the steering assembly, suspension, and brakes.

This is a great opportunity for someone to own an all original and very rare 914-6. It would require another donor for all other parts or is ready to be turned into a 914-6 GT.

The paint has been stripped on the exterior and the body has the common 914 rust issues, rear passenger firewall, jack points and battery area. I have all rust repair metal parts which cost over $700.00.

I am only looking for serious offers and will be putting it on E-bay if it doesn't sell on 914-world.

Please send your e-mail address if you need photo's. The car is in Somers New York which is 40 minutes north of NYC. My e-mail address is sgrisanti@mclaughlinstern.com

I would also sell the entire package, but only for what I have invested. Besides the $41,000.00, I have over 300 documented restoration hours along with receipts and hundreds of photos.
porschecb
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
carr914

T.C.
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 4 2010, 05:22 PM) *

Sorry, that you think that you have spent $41K, but what you have described is what I paid $4k for a couple of years ago with enough parts for 2 cars. The economy has only gotten worse since.

Some of us may have been born at night, but not Last Night.

T.C.

Hey,

give the guy a break..maybe he did spend 41k smile.gif

How's the -6 coming along?
auerbach
Pm sent
carr914
How's my -6 - Which one? The GT is now 2 1/2 years in and I probably have too many $$$ poured in.

T.C.
sgrisanti
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 4 2010, 08:22 PM) *

Sorry, that you think that you have spent $41K, but what you have described is what I paid $4k for a couple of years ago with enough parts for 2 cars. The economy has only gotten worse since.

T.C.

TC, every component from the 14" fuchs, gauges, bumpers, glass, steering wheel and every nut and bolt have been either replated, powder coated,etc. The entire car has been stripped/gutted, and every component with the exception of the engine, and tub have been restored and to concours condition. So if you don't think that $41k is a real number, you really are not in tune with what each component costs to restore.

I never understood why members who are part of the same cause and passion speak as you do. This forum is designed for members to share and help each other.

The $41k spent includes the purchase of my entire car as well. The numbers are all documented.

Good day.
Michael N
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
carr914
sgrisanti, as I said before I was not Bashing you or your car.

I do know what Everything costs ( look at my Build Thread).
MoveQik
Good luck with the sale. beerchug.gif
carr914
MoveQuick, I modified my posts to remove what you refer to as as Sabotage. As I mentioned in there before modification, I was not trying to bash the Seller or the car, just trying to question the pricing in today's market.
IronHillRestorations
FWIW other forums have it so the only person that can post to a thread is the seller.
914runnow
QUOTE(sgrisanti @ Sep 5 2010, 10:47 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 4 2010, 08:22 PM) *

T.C.

TC, every component from the 14" fuchs, gauges, bumpers, glass, steering wheel and every nut and bolt have been either replated, powder coated,etc. The entire car has been stripped/gutted, and every component with the exception of the engine, and tub have been restored and to concours condition. So if you don't think that $41k is a real number, you really are not in tune with what each component costs to restore.

I never understood why members who are part of the same cause and passion speak as you do. This forum is designed for members to share and help each other.

The $41k spent includes the purchase of my entire car as well. The numbers are all documented.

Good day.

Hmmmmmmm...I have over 30 thou....in my 73 2.0 concour queen....
that is with the purchase price of 4 thou..and have every receipt to
verify......shop rate w/ parts for tranny and motor rebuild hit over
9 thou....
and it still needs paint....I have over 2200 in new hardware from Porsche
invested....new dash was 600.00 before they went unobtanium......
I have over 1100.00 in carpet pcs from AA.....throw my interior guy in it
and his fistfull of $$$$.....suspention -new tool kit-seals-new lighting all
around-brakes and lines-Etc. -Etc...OH and a NEW front bumper..
try and find one of those...I guess 41 for a six with proper doc's is well
warranted....and the parts are going away for NOS..and the shop rates
and mtl's are skyrocketing.........
will I ever get my $$$ outtah my car..Nopperz....but there might be a buyer
if I ever sell.....
So good luck to this gentleman..current economy or not...an investment
properly negotiated is a win win for both parties....Be Positive...
it adds up.......
moralem
QUOTE(9146986 @ Sep 6 2010, 11:49 AM) *

FWIW other forums have it so the only person that can post to a thread is the seller.

Yeah but that is what makes this site such a cool place to hang out. Any other site that would impose such limit is not worth being part of. The freedom that one has on this site is what makes it what it is.......freedom of opinion and ability to express it......
IronHillRestorations
New topic in garage. I'm not going to further hijack this thread.
porschecb
mad.gif So much for rules! Give me a price then I will ask for pic's a ppi or anything else I want. A guessing game is not cool. Hell a 15 year old can make post like this! Learn how to sell man. Then you want to go to Ebay? Good luck with that. You say you have something to sell. Then SELL IT! Oh then there is Craigs list. confused24.gif Oh and I was born in the morning but have been up all day.

An S.A.T. for joing a forum?

charliew
The op made a post. A local buyer might go for it but he better know the current costs and prices, not the prices 5 years ago or longer. I'm sure two people once they are face to face with the parts in front of them can come to a working price but I'm also pretty sure it won't be 41k. I'm sure there are some good parts there but also there is probably a LOT of labor left to do. Parts have a price but the labor cost is sorta vague.
sooba_dave
Yipes! That's alotta dough for a car I can't drive away in, let alone one I gotta work on day and night for a year. Think I'd buy a used Cayman, or better yet, save My money, stay home and hit Myself on the thumb with a hammer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.