Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: are dashs the same for all years
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
are there any differences in dashs the the years, if so does someone have a pic or info on how to tell the differences,
bdstone914
QUOTE(crxnug @ Sep 4 2010, 04:40 PM) *

are there any differences in dashs the the years, if so does someone have a pic or info on how to tell the differences,

Early dashes have no side vents, so the glove box door is bigger. No pics.
Lennies914
The early dashes will fit all years, but the later dashes will not fit the early cars ('70-'71 I think). When they added the vents in the glove box door was made smaller. Therefore the notch on the underside of the dash is not long enough on the later models to accomidate the larger glove box door on the early cars. I hope that made sense.
jt914-6
The '70-71 dashes had three defrost vents on the four cyl. cars. The sixes had two. In '72 side vents were added and lost the center deftost vent.
Dr Evil
The "dashes" are all the same if you are only referring to the top cap. The vents change the lower dash or the vinyl piece that covered the area between the dash cap and the windshield wink.gif
realred914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 4 2010, 08:31 PM) *

The "dashes" are all the same if you are only referring to the top cap. The vents change the lower dash or the vinyl piece that covered the area between the dash cap and the windshield wink.gif

no, the dash top was different also when the side vents appeard, minor side detail, if you put a late dash on an early cars lower dash assemble, you cant open the early bigger glove box door all the way, it will hit the later dash top. in dash top i refer to the big foam/vinyl piece that forms the hood over the instruments and runs the width of the car.

this can be an issue when foks replace cracked dash tops, you need to be specifc about the style not all folks are even aware of the difference. just been thru this issue with a friends 914, so that how I learned

yes early cars had an extra windshield vent. in the middle , however it was not mounted on the foam/vinyl dash top, but rather on the metal dash structure that is forward of the dash top.

hope that makes sense
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.