Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomh
I took all your guy's advice and just put on a set of 195/65/15's wow what a differnce.
Those 165's I had just wouldent hang on like the 195's.
Once again thanks every for the sound advice.
Vysoc

I have the same size on my recently completed project, the tires fit well. I also added the rear sway bar and I really like the more stable, flatter feel in the turns.

Vysoc evilgrin.gif
tomh
[quote name='Vysoc' date='Sep 5 2010, 04:57 AM' post='1366148']
I have the same size on my recently completed project, the tires fit well. I also added the rear sway bar and I really like the more stable, flatter feel in the turns

sway bars are my next project
76-914
So if your easily swayed you need sway bars. blink.gif
porschecb
Just buy KYB shocks like I did! It's cheaper. biggrin.gif
PlaysWithCars
Cheaper? Yes. But in my experience the KYBs ride really rough and don't control the wheels very well. Felt like they had a lot of compression damping and limited rebound damping on the last car I had with them.

They're more money but I think you'd be happier with Bilsteins (good ride, reasonable handling) or Konis (more $$$, tighter ride, but adjustable so you can tune the suspension). Just my .02
porschecb
A joke. But thought it was funny. dry.gif And I don't have the money for sway's. agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.