Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where to find/buy replacement exhaust studs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I use the pet porsche part number and found I can get OEM exhaust studs from the sacred porsche warehouse for abou 8$ a piece (plus shipping)

does anyone know another source and should I be looking for a specific hardness if I go non-oem?

I'd love to buy them from GPR or pelican if there is an aftermarket alternative that is less $
(can't imagine this has to be a made-in-germany type item to work)

anybody been there or found them reasonably?

tia
brant
rick 918-S
Question #2: Who sells the repair studs? 9mm on one side 8 on the other?
Joe Owensby
Did you check the vendors you mentioned? If they don't have what you need, I know that AutoAtlanta has them. Jake Raby may also sell these individually. JoeO
brant
I searched and searched with the search engine (raby, auto atlanta who did show them, gpr's drop boxes, and pelican)
then went to porsche and got the porsche number and searched again
looks like they can get factory ones, but couldn't find a "cheaper, non factory option"

I'll make phone calls tuesday
I'll bet a bunch of people have these but just don't show them on the website

anybody know what the correct hardness should be?
would too hard turn brittle with all of the heat
there is a bolt store I can go to on tuesday and get something but I'm afraid of non-automotive hardness problems
Gary
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 5 2010, 04:15 AM) *

Found em here step studs.. Bus exhaust stud. CIP has them but they're outta stock.
SLITS
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 5 2010, 07:07 AM) *

I searched and searched with the search engine (raby, auto atlanta who did show them, gpr's drop boxes, and pelican)
then went to porsche and got the porsche number and searched again
looks like they can get factory ones, but couldn't find a "cheaper, non factory option"

I'll make phone calls tuesday
I'll bet a bunch of people have these but just don't show them on the website

anybody know what the correct hardness should be?
would too hard turn brittle with all of the heat
there is a bolt store I can go to on tuesday and get something but I'm afraid of non-automotive hardness problems

The last time I needed them, I went to my local ACE Hardware. They have those pull out shelves with all sorts of fastners. I bought 12 "Metric Exhaust Studs" for the six. They haven't broken yet. I measured the length of my existing and went for it.
brant
QUOTE(Gary @ Sep 5 2010, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 5 2010, 04:15 AM) *

Found em here step studs.. Bus exhaust stud. CIP has them but they're outta stock.

Thank you!
I didn't even think of CIP

thanks Ron... I might try my local place on tuesday

brant
Gint
I bought my last ones from Raby. They may not list them on the site, bu the has them.

BTW, zucchini parmesan is really good. Ask Sharon for her recipe at RRC.
J P Stein
+1 on Ace/True Value Hardware.
underthetire
+2 on ace. Plated and better than oem IMO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.