Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone still NOT file for taxes yet???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
We did ours about a month ago, still waiting for the check(s) boldblue.gif

Too bad it's already spent on bills...the 914 sure could use a cash infushion right about now laugh.gif

I do remember the few times we had to pay, I'd wait till the last minute to send off the check, I swear they always cleared the next day??? confused24.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 15 2004, 11:56 AM)
We did ours about a month ago, still waiting for the check(s)

...the 914 sure could use a cash infushion right about now

I do remember the few times we had to pay, I'd wait till the last minute to send off the check, I swear they always cleared the next day???

1) EFile, direct-deposit; the only way ...

2) some of my money will be headed your way for a set of front NRB's ...

3) certified mail. buys you maybe another day ...
william harris
confused24.gif Refund? Refund? What's a refund? I always have to send the tax bandits another cash infusion. I sent two checks yesterday (feds and locals) that would buy a nice 914-6. Well, its kinda like monopoly money here in the Great People's Republic of Taxachusetts. fighting19.gif happy11.gif
tat2dphreak
I agree with Rich, I EFiled (as always) I had my return by the first week in Feb... it was gone soon after though... biggrin.gif
fiid
I do mine in Feburary since we bought the house. The rebate allowed me to start freelancing.

The best way to get away with being late is to mail yours from a company that has it's own franking machine - you can set the date back to April 15th, frank it, and drop it in the mail. Because you are writing the postmark - you are all set.

I do not endorse this practice - caveat emptor - it is probably fraud. YMMV. DSMYB.

Fiid.
double-a
h&r block e-file in early february, direct-deposited.

~a
nebreitling
started mine about 2 hours ago. just finished.

the joys of being a poor student...
joea9146
Had to pay today 2 checks.... local and Fed... mad.gif
madd_dogg_914
I plan on doing them after work tonight. I will owe (by my initial calculations) so they wont get my money until 11:59pm tonight. Take that Gub-Ment!

-Chris
Bruce Allert
I pay quarterly and every year, hope that I paid enough but NOOOOOOOO it's never enough so I pay & pay & pay. gawdamoneygrubinbasterds fighting19.gif
For what I pay them I could have the finest 914 in all the land... in one year! headbang.gif

oh well, better luck next year, eh? beer.gif

........b
rick 918-S
Ya! last night! Efiled! Sent a BIIIIG! Check! My Wallet HURTS! Time to sell one of my toys. I need some traveling money!
Kargeek
Just got back from the post office- I had to pay so my check was written on the last day. DH
dinomium
Oh I pay and pay every two weeks... Just lucky when some of that comes back to me!
So what is more important? new tires or a rennshifter??
ejm
Annual check to the Feds went out today, state refund should cover the postage. sad.gif
Joe Bob
First time I have paid taxes in 13 years.....BIG TIME....had to cash out some stuff to pay for house construction. Had to re-fi to pay the taxes..... wacko.gif
Caveman
You guys think you have it bad, I work for the IRS, which means I get audited EVERY YEAR!
d914
2 mortgages, 2 kids, head of household and a shity sales year = REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!
anthony
I'm getting back A LOT more than I expected! smilie_pokal.gif I guess the side benefit of getting laid off and not working half a year means that you don't much tax. I was worried and thought I might owe since I didn't have any withholding taken out of the unemployment benefits.

I plan on doing them after work tonight. I will owe (by my initial calculations) so they wont get my money until 11:59pm tonight. Take that Gub-Ment!

Make sure you know where the post box is where you can get the after hours post mark. One year, I waited and then they moved the location of the post office that accepted the last minute tax returns and I was screwed. I'm sure my return ended up being post marked on the 16th.
Mueller
next year we'll get hit hard with capital gains....we just sold a house (closed yesterday) and made a nice little profit...too bad the wife will only give me a few grand of it to play with to put towards my workshop and the 914 sad.gif
Caveman
Look it up in IRS Pub 17. I think you can sell your primary Residence and not pay tax on some ridiculous amount like half a mil of the profit.
Mueller
rental prop., no 1031 exchange...we just wanted to cash out and pay off all of our bills (still have mortgage on our primary house...bummer)
campbellcj
I e-filed (for the first time, it worked great) early this year - end of Jan - as I had a large Fed refund (which was also a first but was juggling too many variables to prevent it).

I used TurboTax and was quite impressed. Although if our situation gets any more complex I will probably bite the bullet and start using a CPA. Obviously one tiny F*up can cost you -big time-.

Compared to our corporate and pension fund returns, the personal stuff is a walk in the park. Our tax system is 40 years overdue for a complete overhaul. I am not holding my breath, however.

(Since we are OT anyway, there is currently a fairly interesting thread on tax reform over on the Pelican OT board. Of late I have found the OT board to be more interesting than the 911 and 914 ones... )
vortrex
I think it's $250k profit you are allowed to take tax free. you're allowed two primary residences I believe, so you shouldn't be hit with taxes.
boxstr
EXTENSION....three legal size pads loaded with rental expenses. Wifes stock option cash out. That should help offset or tax consequence.
CCLINREFUND
GWN7
Mike, check and see if you can have one property as your primary residence and your wife the other....(you can here) that way you won't have to pay capital gains on the rental that you just sold.
anthony
But how would you say the rental is your primary residence if presumably you were collecting rent on it and depreciating it as an expense?
GWN7
Those questions are best answered by your accountant........mine says "It's not how much money you make, it's about how much you get to keep" He used to work for the IRS up here, so he knows his stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.