Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rahal 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
black73
Rahal man cave

Look for it at 0:30. piratenanner.gif

qa1142
I saw that too very cool, nice to see he includes a 914 with the other "must own" cars first.gif
76-914
I'm eating my heart out!
NC_Colfax
Yes very nice....one of those places "if you have to ask" you dont belong
rickthejetman
hey did you see the mini moki in there????? great little car but wha tthe hell is it doing in a racing legands man cave??? blink.gif confused24.gif
roadster fan
QUOTE(rickthejetman @ Sep 5 2010, 11:11 AM) *

hey did you see the mini moki in there????? great little car but wha tthe hell is it doing in a racing legands man cave??? blink.gif confused24.gif

I have never heard of these cars and went to Wikipedia to learn a little. pretty neat. Rahal said the collection was racing cars from when he was a teenager. i wonder if his car is one of these:

The John Player & Sons cigarette company ran a team of Mokes in autocross competitions on grass tracks through 1968.[5] These vehicles were equipped with rollover protection and used the Mini Cooper S 1275 cc engine.

In 1977, a 1,275 cc Cooper S-engined Moke (sponsored by Coca-Cola) was entered into the Singapore Airlines London-Sydney Marathon. The car was driven over 30,000 kilometres (18,600 mi) over 30 days and finished in 35th place.[3]

Jim

KELTY360
With those 5-lug Fuchs, it's probably a -6.
URY914
How does/did BR make his money?
black73

Robert "Bobby" Woodward Rahal (born January 10, 1953 in Medina, Ohio) is an American auto racing driver and team owner. As a driver, he won three championships and 24 races in the CART open-wheel series, including the 1986 Indianapolis 500. He also won the 2004 Indianapolis 500 as a team owner for the winning driver, Buddy Rice.

After retiring as a driver, Rahal held managerial positions with the Jaguar Formula 1 team and also was an interim president of the CART series. .....

...His business interests include a network of car dealerships in western and central Pennsylvania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Rahal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.