Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TRADE: 1986 951
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
brooks944
Would like to trade a rare version of a rare car – ’86 944 Turbo non-sunroof coupe for a nice 914. Only 25K of the 944 turbos were produced world-wide (all years) and a much smaller number (10 – 15%) came without the sunroof (called the ‘sunroof delete’ option). Same PCA owner for 12 years, all service up to date. All books and records since new, including the original bill of sale, ~$30K in 1986. PCA valuation form that I received in 10/08 had a range of $8290 to $14,970 and an average of $11,630. Multiple autocross class wins and the 2009 local PCA Autocross Champion. Would like to trade for a 914 set-up for AX/DE events or other interesting trades. Recent videos on You Tube at brooks944. Please E-mail brooks944@comcast.net for pictures and more details.

Thanks,
Rick
Andyrew
IF its for sale, What is your price?

Miles?

Sunroof delete? Nice!!

All stock?

Prices of good 944's have plummeted recently! Rare one's are still holding some value...
brooks944
I've had the car since 1998, it has these modifications: LR chip, Fabspeed exhaust with 3" SS test pipe, Syanpse wastegate, MO30 sway bars, 375 lb front springs w/ a Paragon coilover conversion, C2 Turbo 17" aftermarket wheels, Dino steering wheel. I've also polished the intake and intercooler pipes. The car currently has ~211K mikes. Except for the cat and wheels, I have all the original parts. Send me a PM if you'd like to see pictures.
Gint
Pictures sell cars.

Check out this FAQ thread . Link -> Adding Pictures to Your Post
brooks944
Thanks, pictures attached.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Beautiful car! Sad to say with those miles and the mods you will have an extremely difficult time selling it. Only buyer your going to find is DE guys. And even then most of those guys are going to simpler cars.

Good luck! Might want to throw it back to stock and sell off the parts. You'll probably sell it for the same price with the mods vs without the mods. And you will get more out of the aftermarket parts than the stock parts.
brooks944
Yes, it has been hard to sell. I can't believe no one wants a fast car that drives around town like a Honda, but wins AX's and you drive home with the AC on. I'm sure it's the high mileage, but I won't give it away either. Need to sell and would really like a 914 AX car to replace. I actually had a buyer this year who wanted to turn it into a dedicated DE car (like suggested), but backed out due to a family issue - and that was for more than I'm currently asking. Oh well, I get to go to little Talladega next month for a DE.

Thanks
racerbvd
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Sep 6 2010, 12:16 PM) *

Yes, it has been hard to sell. I can't believe no one wants a fast car that drives around town like a Honda, but wins AX's and you drive home with the AC on. I'm sure it's the high mileage, but I won't give it away either. Need to sell and would really like a 914 AX car to replace. I actually had a buyer this year who wanted to turn it into a dedicated DE car (like suggested), but backed out due to a family issue - and that was for more than I'm currently asking. Oh well, I get to go to little Talladega next month for a DE.

Thanks

I have a 914 project that fits what you are looking for, see my blog for into..
brooks944
I can't seem to access your blog, directions please.
Andyrew
Just as a refference, We sold my dads 86 turbo for ~6k with 80k on the clock IIRC.. It was a high milage chassis that ALL the parts were replaced from my dads low mile car that was totaled then and driven by me for 3 years before he sold it(Everything was detailed in the sale, which is why I feel it was sold for so low). It was stock except koni's and a chip.

This was about 3 years ago IIRC.
racerbvd
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Sep 7 2010, 01:52 PM) *

I can't seem to access your blog, directions please.

Blogs are now working... beer.gif

Also, I may be getting a 2.7 if you want to build a six later..
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?aut...blogid=337&
SGB
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Sep 6 2010, 03:16 PM) *

I can't believe no one wants a fast car that drives around town like a Honda, but wins AX's and you drive home with the AC on. ...
Oh well, I get to go to little Talladega next month for a DE.

Little Talledega (TGPR) is a great place! However, learned from my 2 DEs there (or anywhere) in my 914, There isn't just enough tire without some major body mods. Cornering is great fun, and pretty high for any street car, but the performance street cars (designed in THIS century) can dust you in the stock cats,and some pretty major mods will be needed for modified class parity. Stock brakes go away really fast too, which eliminates a lot of "light-car" advantage.

Your 944 looks like you might get more wins, and almost as much grins. It doesn't have that raw, carbs behind your ears, steer with your butt feel of a 914 go-cart, but sometimes the trip home in AC coddled comfort ould be a lot nicer than the ride home in the go-kart.

C'mon through huntsville on yer way. I'll show you some fun roads!
brooks944
Thanks, I've really enjoyed my 2 times at little Talledaga. I will be trailering the car down so it wouldn't be much fun to see the great AL roads with a F150 and trailer...

I would prefer to trade rather than sell since I wold still want an AX/DE car and don't want to use the 'new' 85 911 FTL for that. Actually I did once and love the 3.2L torque.

Anybody got a 3.2L 914 AX car to trade?

Thanks,
Rick
brooks944
I almost forgot to add this. When I was in high school, my Dad asked me for input for the next car he should buy; we had a deal that if we got scholarships and a B or better our freshman year of college we get the used car. Unfortunately, this choice was for my older brother. He had dealer booklets for both potential cars. The choices were a 914 or Camaro (I think this was about 1970). I made the hard choice, since I knew my bro pretty well, and said the Camaro. I lusted over the 914 and have wanted one since.

Thats the 914 story, I have better ones for 944's, MGB GT's and Austin Healys.....

My brother did love the Chevy.
Andyrew
Rick,

Sorry to say it but I think your car has a max value of ~ 9k. With those miles, Closer to 7k (And thats only due to the condition and rarity).

However a 3.2 914's is going to be closer to 20k.. Dont think you'll find any under 15k even in these times. I think your looking at a good stock 4 cyl for trade... Lots of autox prepped one's in that price range.

Good luck to you man! Have you tried the local craigslist?
brooks944
Yes, tried Craigslist, with some interest, but most folks don't know what an P-car is except a 911. I had the car sold for $9K to a gent in TX who was planning to turn it into a dedicated DE car but family issues cancelled the sale - really good guy and yes I understand family issues come first. Also, the dedicated DE car seems to be the market for the sunroof delete models. Had a really good day at the local PCA AX today, the track was set up for HP rather than a Miata type course. Beautiful day in East TN.

Rick
brooks944
Will be at little Talledaga next weekend in case anyone wants to come by and see the 951 and let me see your 914 if your interested in trading.

Thanks,
Rick
racerbvd
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Sep 26 2010, 10:41 AM) *

Will be at little Talledaga next weekend in case anyone wants to come by and see the 951 and let me see your 914 if your interested in trading.

Thanks,
Rick

an't talk the wife into letting you trade for my 2 cars???
brooks944
It's not that, although she thinks I'm nuts for considering (nothing different there...), I just need some $ to pay on the 911 as well as a 914 to play with.

Thanks,
Brooks944
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.