Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 point with harness bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
what are you using and how did you install

Did you keep you backpad? I would like to...

What brand 4 point are you running?

How did you anchor the shoulder belts?

Got pictures?

Ideally, I would like to get in, buckle, sinch and go driving.gif
Mike Bellis
Go with a cam lock harness. This will be the easyest to use and look better than the old hook type. Simpson and Sparco make good ones.

Most harness bars bolt to the existing pillar seat belt bolt. This puts the bar slightly into the rear window view.

I have an extra Weltmeister harness bar. $115 to your door, free shipping. PM me if you want it.
Elliot Cannon
Ideally, you should use a 5 point harness. The crotch belt keeps the lap belt low on your lap instead of rising up to your stomach and rib cage. The shoulder harness shouldn't be mounted and lower than a 5 degree angle below your shoulders to prevent spinal damage.
Cheers, Elliot

PS You should take up Mikes offer and buy his harness bar.
DanT
If Will is not on board with the harness bar....drop me a PM....I am interested in it...Have just started looking for one. biggrin.gif
McMark
Perfect timing on this topic. I was just talking about this today and wondering what brand of belts people were using + pros & cons
'73-914kid
I have Crow latch and link 5 point harnesses in my car, and really like them. They're incredibly easy and foolproof to unlatch in a hurry, unlike cam locks, which I tend to fumble with.

Crow also has better prices generally than the other bigger name brands..
qa1142
I have harness bar, looking for the input on harnesses now

how about pictures of Crow and camlock now poke.gif
jetboy
I hope you have a roll cage installed. 4/5 point harness in a rollover means your going to end up a LOT shorter when your head is supporting that weight.
DanT
not necessarily.....
have you seen a 914 at a track event on it's lid?

the targa bar does not fail, and does not deform....it is the windshield header that is the weak link. And if you have the top in place even the windshield header does not deform that much. If anything, you need a reverse roll bar that runs across the windshield header or you need a cage... smile.gif
Vysoc

I have the Schroth 4 Pt Harness (Ralley Model). I do not have a harness bar but they make the 4 pt Ralley specifically for harness bar applications. I got it from the BMW aftermarket people up in Mass. The belts have the ASM System (Anti Sub Marine). I worked for awhile to get mine to fit the 10% maximum below the shoulder. I also mounted them through a plate on the other side of the engine wall for strength. I can provide pictures but not from home....sorry.

I know......This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures!!!!

Sorry, We are in the middle of a move and I have to move!

I like the Scroth product very high quality.

Vysoc sunglasses.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.