Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: valve adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomh
I am looking for a shop in the SanJose area to adjust the valves on my 2.0 and also sniff the exaust.

I will not go to Bonatempi's any more he tends to suck your wallet inside out.
underthetire
Drive it to Napa and have Mark do it.
quadracerx
Dont mean to hi-jack your thread...but...how many hours should this take a typical shop? Cost?
kkid
are you sure you don't wanna DIY?
simonr
Do it yourself!!!! you will be amazed how much you learn about your car when you get under it and start poking around LOL. what a great feeling of completion when you grab it by the nose and kick it in the butt. you will do it better than any shop will. most porsche shops in this area hate working on 914s and punish your wallet for it .
tomh
QUOTE(simonr @ Sep 6 2010, 10:57 AM) *

Do it yourself!!!! you will be amazed how much you learn about your car when you get under it and start poking around LOL. what a great feeling of completion when you grab it by the nose and kick it in the butt. you will do it better than any shop will. most porsche shops in this area hate working on 914s and punish your wallet for it .

I want to have the exaust sniffed anyway so i thought i would have the valves adjusted at the same time.
I am a strong believer in DO IT YOURSELF i learned that the hard way.
VaccaRabite
Even if you take the car to a shop to have the exhaust sniffed, do your valves yourself. it is not the most fun bit of maintenance that you car needs, but its also not that bad, and you know they are done right and you didnot pay through the nose for it.
Zach
Tom_T
When the CA approved shop does the adjustments to valves, timing/tune, EFI, etc. during the "sniff" smog check, then in CA it passes, otherwise you have to take it back & adjust & hope it passes on the ONE retest most offer. CA's smog requirements are stricter than just about anywhere else.

Tomh has the right idea in this case - rather than DIY.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.