Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: CART on HDNet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
If you have HD and like open wheel racing, all of CART's races will be on HDNet live. swweeeettt!
Gint
Thanks for that info Sean. You obviously keep up more than I do. I've been wanting to see a race (of any kind) on HD.
seanery
Qualifying on HDNet, too - Saturday at 4:30pm EDT, 3:30pm CDT, 2:30pm MDT, 1:30pm PDT

CART also has a support show called Dangerous Curves on Spike which will also airs the races live in NTSC.
richardL
Heres the schedule:

LIVE! Sat., Apr. 17th 4:30 PM ET Champ Car World Series on HDNet
Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Qualifying
LIVE! Sun., Apr. 18th 3:30 PM ET Champ Car World Series on HDNet
Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
Sun., Apr. 18th 6:00 PM ET Champ Car World Series on HDNet
Racing Recap
LIVE! Sun., Apr. 18th 6:30 PM ET Champ Car World Series on HDNet
Trans Am Grand Prix of Long Beach

Its also in SD on Spike TV but not live

The race they showed last year was awesome, seeing the whole season will be great smilie_pokal.gif

No news yet on the Indy 500 in HD, and I doubt HD for the USGP since Bernie produces it.

Richard
richardL
Great minds think alike laugh.gif

Richard
Gint
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif

THANKS!
Gint
Trans Am too!!!!!!

Didya hear Tommy Kendall is going back?
seanery
Trans Am is in HD?
If so, sweet! TK is cool, I like his on-air personality. If he is like that in real life, he's one cool cat.

Look for ABC to have the 500 in HD. I would be very surprised if it's not. A friend of mine works for the production crew. She's staying with me while she's here. I'll ask her when she gets here.
indydad
Paul Tracy on spike TV........that fits. A punk on PUNK TV
mean ole dad in INDY
tracks914
CART RULES boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif
L8Apex
Paul Tracy is my hero. unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif
Gint
Love the new avatar Sean!
Gint
THis absolutely rules! I've waited for over 2 years to see racing in HD. I wish the pit cameras were HD units also. I'll take it.
seanery
yeah, the NTSC cams look like ass compared to HD.
Gint
Did you see the HDNet "Guys Night In" commercial? I'll ahve to tune in Monday night.
fiid
Is champ car and cart the same thing?

(rookie here)
Gint
Yes

I should explain I guess.

Championship Automobile Race Teams or CART. AKA, Champ Cars. All one and the same.
seanery
Gint,
sounds like Spankervision for the HD crowd, huh?
Gint
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Gum up the remote...
richardL
The pit cameras are SD because they don't have wireless HD cams yet - too much bandwidth required on the radio link. Same for the in-cars - no HD available. Can't say I like the stretch-o-vision on the in-cars - I would prefer correct aspect ratio with sidebars for those.

All in all - pretty cool though, I'll be watching tomorrow. smilie_pokal.gif

Mark Cuban, who started HDNet is really cool and has done some great things to help HD get a foothold. pray.gif

Richard
Gint
HD ROCKS!!! aktion035.gif

Thanks for the insight Richard.
seanery
It looked great, but it was a tad bit boring. I like TK, but I think Bob Jenkins is a bit stale. They also had way too many packages. It was nice to have no commercials, though.
Gint
I agree on all counts. I spent a lot of time on the board while watching. I even got all of my PMs filed away in folders.
indydad
That "race" was terrible! They had to show some feature stories DURING the race. NO passing on track, it looked more like a practice session than the main event. CHUMP CAR has some serious problems with the target market they are looking for, 18 to 35 year old males (Gen-X Loosers). This group has the attention span of a gnat, no loyalty to the sport, when something else gets trendy they are GONE. The Paul, Paul and Paul show (P. G. runs it, P.N. promoted it and P. T. wins it) will have a lot of fun though. Too bad, I sure would like to have some open wheel ROAD RACES to watch.
dad in INDY
serge914
It look like I am the only one without a HD TV. It look terrible on a regular one, the image doesn't fill more than half of the screen and look distorted. I was fed-up after 15 minutes.
Gint
You think that's bad, try to watch any sports broadcast in ATSC or NTSC on an HDTV. CART is the only series broadcasting in HD at this time.

The race was also broadcast on Speed if you don't have HD.
seanery
you spelled Spike wrong Gint wink.gif
richardL
Yes, boring race

I liked the no-adverts but I wish the guy doing the commentry while the 'main' guys were on a Spike commercial break, had been talking all the while - much better than Bob Jenkins.

The Trans-Am race had more action. The Champ Car guys will need to improve the show to pull in casual viewers.

Shame.

Richard
Gint
No, I saw in my Directv guide that Speed was covering the race at the same time. I never verified that though.

What's the Spike deal all about anyway? I've seen the references, but I don't know what's going on there.
seanery
The TransAm race is on right now!
richardL
Spike used to be The Nashville Network, which morphed into The National Network and now became Spike TV 'the first network for men', after a legal battle over the name with Spike Lee!

The CART deal is that HDNet provide the equipment and production crew (one of HDNet's production trucks and another rented one at each race) in return for the right to show the HD feed. Spike and Champ Cars hence get the TV production for free and can make whatever the revenue deal between them without having to pay for that. Everyone wins.

At some facilities they will lay fiber along the pits and then the mobile cameras will be able to plug in at various drop points, allowing HD pit cameras. Otherwise they will use the SD cameras they had at Long Beach.

HDNet are doing the US and Canadian rounds, I don't think they are doing HD on the Mexican or other fly away races.

Richard
Gint
You seem to have a pretty good handle on this stuff Richard. Thanks again for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.