Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last picture of the 914 & the vehicle that is replacing it Must se
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wayne1234
Well the 914 is sold but awaiting pick up due to scheduling. I drove to New York to pick up the truck, just got back today. Now I am headed back out of town on a business trip, but had to snap quick cell phone pictures of the new truck and the 914, it looks even more Ridiculous in person. Even though the new truck didn't really "replace" the 914 it did help out with a little bit of $....The sale of the 914 only made a very small dent in the purchase of the truck. But can you imagine the dent the truck could put in a 914 driving.gif Before anyone says it, Yes I do need a truck this large. It will be put to work hauling our 24'X8.5' enclosed equipment trailer for my company. My big Dodge Ram just wasn't cutting it and it was a white knuckle experience using the Ram every time, even though it was within the factory spec for hauling a that load. I will miss the 914, who knows another one might find its way into my garage at some point in the distant future. I have learned alot and I have another project car that I have had in storage for many years that that will directly benefit from the experience I have had with the 914. That is if I get some free time. I will check around on here from time to time and see whats going on. Cant wait to see what you guys think of this thing. Its a GMC C4500 And they call it a Monroe conversion.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DanT
nice Duramax with Allison Automatic...what year..?

4:56 gears or 4:10s?
Top Kick was a great truck....too bad they stopped making them.. sad.gif
Here is your trucks little brother smile.gif
I have a 2008 Crew Cab D/A and absolutely love it...
Pulls our RV great and does it with ease, while getting exceptional fuel mileage biggrin.gif
wayne1234
2004 Duramax Allison, I think it has the 4:56 I was cruising 65 mph @ about 1900~2000 Rpm. Looking forward to the better MPG. My Ram had the Hemi !!! I guess this Duramax is before all the emissions crap, Plus it only had 40K on the odometer. piratenanner.gif Im going to get a programmer basically for the MPG, But I wont complain about the extra HP as a side benefit biggrin.gif
DanT
Yep, I pull my 8K# RV up a 6% grade at 62mph and taching about 1700RPMs....
the grade braking going down hill with the Allison in Tow/Haul and cruise control engaged is great....if I have mine set at 60 by 64 the tranny is automatically down shifting to hold the speed down to the set 60mph...
You will love the towing torque of the Duramax.
2004 still had the 5 speed automatic correct? Mine has a 6 speed....

there are a lot of nice tuners out there...most have at least 3 or 4 settings for HP and Torque...usually the tow setting is the lower of the increases....don't want to overstress the tranny. smile.gif

how is the weather in Indy....my family is from there...my dad grew up in Speedway right behind the track...
I still have an aunt and uncle and cousins that live in Greenwood....
Lou W
Very Cooool smile.gif
RJMII
That looks a lot like Ironhide. biggrin.gif
http://transformers2trailer.com/wp-content...wallpaper_3.jpg
carr914
Looks like the 914 would fit in the bed of that Monster evilgrin.gif
wayne1234
Yeah I have already gotten the Irionhide comment, I'm cool with that. The conversion company Monroe (same one that assembled mine) made the Irionhide truck for the movie. In the movie it has a different front bumper with a winch. They want $3,100 for that bumper!!! I think I will just keep my bumper. It was about 700 miles back with the side trips we took, and you should see the looks on kids faces when we go by. Its kinda funny. Then when you stop for fuel first thing out of everyone mouth is "What kind of MPG does that thing get?" I looked at the first guys 2000 ish 4x4 surburban that had some big off road tiresand a hug lift and simply said alot better than your suv. evilgrin.gif He didnt believe me I told him google is your friend.... first tank was about 17mpg. Hoping do do better as I get used to it and less New York traffic, plus we had Crazy winds and she is a big box basically.
Tom_T
Holy shit Batman .... er Wayne .... that rig is huuuuuumongous!!!! blink.gif

Well you do what ya gotta do! Get another 914 soon Bud, when things pick up again.

Good luck with the foam biz! smile.gif

Tom
///////
Vysoc
Looks like Professional Grade.

Now that's a real truck,

I have a 2007 Sierra Crew Cab I swear the wheel well shapes mirror the shape of the 914-6's but I can't link a picture here from home it is at work.

I like my GMC! It is one solid vehicle and it really pulls a trailer nice.

Vysoc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.