Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 Relay Board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Who's got a picture of a 914/6 relay board stashed away? Please post. biggrin.gif
carr914
My NOS front & back

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And next to another with the same part # but with slight differences

Click to view attachment
McMark
Cool! Thanks, that's exactly what I needed. There are no rear defrost connections. idea.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 7 2010, 03:46 AM) *

Cool! Thanks, that's exactly what I needed. There are no rear defrost connections. idea.gif

My Euro /6 had the rear defrost but I have no memory of how it was connected. I always thought it was through the relay board but I can't offer a reference for that impression.

Further, I was fairly convinced one of the relays (not otherwise needed on a /6) was the defrost relay. Could be the connection comes through the 14-pin multi connector. Now I'm veering into sheer speculation, and I'm not going to unroll my Art Zapf diagram this morning...
914Sixer
Rear window defrost is MADE into the factory six wiring harness.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 7 2010, 07:42 AM) *

OK - elaborate please. Does it use one of the relays on the relay board, or is there another relay someplace else I've forgotten about? It gave me no trouble so I never had to go looking for it...
Mark Henry
What are the differences between the /6 and /4 relay board? any difference in mounting?
I'll be doing a basic /6 with carb conversion and I do have rear defrost.
carr914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 7 2010, 07:42 AM) *

agree.gif

In the 3rd picture I posted, the used board is from my -6 and it has rear defrost

T.C.
carr914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 7 2010, 10:35 AM) *

What are the differences between the /6 and /4 relay board? any difference in mounting?
I'll be doing a basic /6 with carb conversion and I do have rear defrost.

Here is picture of another -6 Board ( where did I get all these?) and a -4 Board. The number of Pins from the Wire Loom are different.

I'm about to do another -6 Conversion, but I can't remember if I used a -6 Board on my last conversion or modified the loom and used a -4.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
The 6'er board has a plug for the RPM transducer. It's at the bottom of the pic, directly across the board from the voltage regulator plug.

The RPM transducer was part of the idle pull down mechanism, and the MFI in 911's.

For a six conversion you can use the stock 4 relay board without any problem, or take it out (and the brackets) if you've moved your fuel pump up front, and wired it differently than stock.

If your conversion engine has an internally regulated alternator then you don't have to worry about the VR either. If you need the VR and want to pull the board, you can mount it on the rear bulkhead.
Mark Henry
Is the voltage regulator the same on the /4 and /6?
(mine are both Bosch.)
SLITS
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.