Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A word of CAUTION
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
stewteral
Hey 914ers,

I received an email from George Hussey promising the best prices for 914 parts, so I ordered a bunch of rubber parts for a total of $117.00.

The parts arrived a few days later, when the order arrived, the invoice had EVERY PART Repriced much higher. The Balance charged to my card was $192.80!

I called this morning and Carrie, in Customer Service ,was very pleasant while correcting the problem. My card was credited back for the over charges.

She said she had seen this with another order and was expecting a bunch of calls.
So, if you have recently ordered from Auto Atlanta: CHECK THAT INVOICE!

Best,
Terry
byndbad914
welcome to ordering from AA... I tried to warn you. This thread will likely bring out the dead quite a bit, but you can search and see tons of threads about AA, their billing practices, telling you they have things in stock, charging your card, then shipping half orders and telling you they will get the balance soon, which will take a month if you are lucky, so forth, saying if you want to cancel you will have to pay shipping back on the partial order, etc.

I actually still have some stuff on my shelf I bought 8 yrs ago, when they shipped partial and started screwing me around I went to Pelican, bought the stuff so I could finish and get the car back on the road, and then threw the AA stuff on the shelf because I was sooooo pissed it was worth it to me to NOT call them to return it for the $100. When it isn't worth $100 for me because I am so on fire, you know it is bad dry.gif It was the second time that had happened to me, figured once was an honest mistake, twice was lying to lock in my short term biz v. see the bigger picture. The thousands of dollars I have since spent elsewhere could have been theirs.

With all of my years of buying parts for building race cars, buying hot rod parts, etc etc etc auto related purchases, there are only three places I can think of that I will never go to again, so that should tell you something. AA is one, Kanna Motorsports is another, the third one didn't peeve me enough to go public but just won't hear from me again, in the end the problem was made right but I had to jump thru all the firey hoops on the third so won't make that mistake again smile.gif
stewteral
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Sep 7 2010, 02:48 PM) *

welcome to ordering from AA... I tried to warn you. This thread will likely bring out the dead quite a bit, but you can search and see tons of threads about AA, their billing practices, telling you they have things in stock, charging your card, then shipping half orders and telling you they will get the balance soon, which will take a month if you are lucky, so forth, saying if you want to cancel you will have to pay shipping back on the partial order, etc.

I actually still have some stuff on my shelf I bought 8 yrs ago, when they shipped partial and started screwing me around I went to Pelican, bought the stuff so I could finish and get the car back on the road, and then threw the AA stuff on the shelf because I was sooooo pissed it was worth it to me to NOT call them to return it for the $100. When it isn't worth $100 for me because I am so on fire, you know it is bad dry.gif It was the second time that had happened to me, figured once was an honest mistake, twice was lying to lock in my short term biz v. see the bigger picture. The thousands of dollars I have since spent elsewhere could have been theirs.

With all of my years of buying parts for building race cars, buying hot rod parts, etc etc etc auto related purchases, there are only three places I can think of that I will never go to again, so that should tell you something. AA is one, Kanna Motorsports is another, the third one didn't peeve me enough to go public but just won't hear from me again, in the end the problem was made right but I had to jump thru all the firey hoops on the third so won't make that mistake again smile.gif

Ya' Tim,

You told me so! Luckily, I learned my lesson without paying too much of a price.
Personally, I'm DONE with AutoAtlanta.

Terry
byndbad914
Pelican Parts is in El Segundo where I used to live - to this day they are my first stop for Porsche parts. Actually their pricing tends to be better than all other places, or similar, and they have NEVER been an issue to deal with - in fact I would say I wish more companies were as easy to work with and as fair on pricing.

Yeah, you have to pay tax being in SoCal but you would have quick UPS delivery, or you can just swing down and will call if you really need something.

The parts I talked about ordering from AA as the last straw - PP didn't have 'em in stock and would need a couple weeks, so I went with AA as shipping across the states would be quicker. After they jacked me around, I called PP and they had gotten them in stock (since stock was zero when I called, they actually put stuff on the shelf to be prepared for future orders - imagine that) so I went over a picked them up that afternoon. It was like another 3 weeks after that the remainder of my AA order showed up.

So I have some poly bushings for a stock 914 setup somewhere in the garage - kinda easy to determine it was hard to drive my car without all of the bushings to install shades.gif
grantsfo
I never have done business with AA. icon8.gif Its Pelican all the way! smilie_pokal.gif
Black22
I always use Pelican...my one and ONLY issue with them was when they couldn't cross reference a Porsche part # to their part # and I was on hold for 25 minutes waiting for an answer that never came. That being said, if you know what you want and they have it in stock, you get it quick and at a fair price. I haven't had to use AA yet and from what I've read here over the years I'm thankful for companies like the bird.
Eric_Shea
I haven't had to use AA yet and from what I've read here over the years I'm thankful for companies like the bird.

And to think... the tongue lashing I got when I tried to warn you (and others) of his practices. biggrin.gif

The guys a crook. I wish I could like him. He obviously is very knowledgable and has a thing for 914's but... he's a crook. Plain and simple. He's been ripping off my 914 friends for years and years. Time to let the "World" know.
914itis
I had my share with them, my first order was a bad experience. First they told me my card wS declined because of a wrong zip code and say that they prefer to take another card. I gave them another one and they still ended up charging the old one. Then, they promised that the part was in stock will be shipped the same day, I pay for next day air, when the part didn't arrive I called and they say that it was not in stock they will ship 3 days later and that they don't know who told me that. Total disappointment .

I have ordered several items from pelican and they were all great experiences. Parts came on time and they honestly tell me If a part is not in stock. Stick with pelican.
URY914
Here we go again... popcorn[1].gif
pete000
I am new to the 914 and have made three orders from Auto Atlanta, none were correct or even close. For such a 914 enthusist and posting all the time on this board I am quite suprised how they have such a reputation of not getting it right.

I, needless to say am not very impressed with that company. headbang.gif

Pelican parts on the other hand quite the opposite ! first.gif

oh that rminds me I need to return a defective part to AA !

byndbad914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 17 2010, 07:03 PM) *

Here we go again... popcorn[1].gif

laugh.gif me too popcorn[1].gif I have yet to see a single thread about AA "saved" - it starts out with the rear stepping out a bit, then is both feet in, a lot of tire squeal and smoke as the thread skids off the track, hooks into a rut and sends itself tumbling into the infield wall.

Says a bit about the "typical" experience sheeplove.gif and you aren't the smiley.
realred914
High Performance House in redwood city calif. gets a lot of my business, most stuff is stocked, and things that aren't get delievered pretty fast. they have a humungus selection of used parts and Rich the owner is always helpful with good information. They dont have a big web presence, (unlike AA and Pelican) so you need to call about most parts, that is the only down side. 650 364-6234

pelican also rates pretty good with me.

AA has been a bit problematic, but they have refunded my money when parts did not work out right, and they even let me keep the parts no charge, but i rather have the right parts the first time.

detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 17 2010, 05:32 PM) *

I haven't had to use AA yet and from what I've read here over the years I'm thankful for companies like the bird.

And to think... the tongue lashing I got when I tried to warn you (and others) of his practices. biggrin.gif

The guys a crook. I wish I could like him. He obviously is very knowledgable and has a thing for 914's but... he's a crook. Plain and simple. He's been ripping off my 914 friends for years and years. Time to let the "World" know.

agree.gif Everything order is like a street cons shell game and I do not play anymore...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.