Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A word of CAUTION
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stewteral
Hey 914ers,

I received an email from George Hussey promising the best prices for 914 parts, so I ordered a bunch of rubber parts for a total of $117.00.

The parts arrived a few days later, when the order arrived, the invoice had EVERY PART Repriced much higher. The Balance charged to my card was $192.80!

I called this morning and Carrie, in Customer Service ,was very pleasant while correcting the problem. My card was credited back for the over charges.

She said she had seen this with another order and was expecting a bunch of calls.
So, if you have recently ordered from Auto Atlanta: CHECK THAT INVOICE!

Best,
Terry
Elliot Cannon
Checking invoices is something that should be done as a matter of course. You should check EVERY invoice you get from everyone. This isn't a problem that is exclusive to AA.
Mike Bellis
They over billed me too. Just called them to get a credit. No problem. They say it happens sometimes with web sales. AA was very nice about it. Lets see if I get my credit refunded...
Drums66
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 7 2010, 09:59 AM) *

Checking invoices is something that should be done as a matter of course. You should check EVERY invoice you get from everyone. This isn't a problem that is exclusive to AA.

I heard that!......don't start some stromberg.gif stromberg.gif bye1.gif
william1764
Similar thing happend to me however it was easy mistake. I placed an order over the phone. Called back 5 minutes later and added to my order. Was charged for the increased order but received original order...which was less of course. I called over a week later and they without argument credited my card the difference...very easy to deal with.

Something interesting to note. When I made the order a week ago it was my first interaction with AA since the mid/late 80's. The guy at AA asks for my name and they still had me in the computer system from 25 years ago type.gif He had the address of my 1st home and even my cell #...thats right - I had a bag phone back then shades.gif Now that's some impressive contact managment software!
WFG
My brother and I have been getting parts from George since about 1980. Never a problem that was not taken care of promptly A+ buisness takes care of customers
J P Stein
One can always find someone on World with their nose firmly pressed to George's asshole. How's the view from there, WFG?
RFoulds
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Sep 8 2010, 11:42 AM) *

One can always find someone on World with their nose firmly pressed to George's asshole. How's the view from there, WFG?

Uncalled for. Maybe you should add a wink smile, or something.

Sometimes I pay the AA price and I always get great customer service. Other times I shop PP or even E Bay and take my chances.
ripper911
I agree, I always shop at AA. Te people there are great, and very knowledgable.
smilie_pokal.gif
I like to pet the cat. cat.gif
mojorisen914
I too get parts from George but I also try to spread the wealth around to other vendors as well.
Even though we hate when a mistake is made (over charge), as long as the company quickly recitifies it; there shouldn't be any hard feelings. No one is perfect.
I did notice one thing with AA. If I recall correctly; my cc used to be billed when I placed the order. Now, it's not charged until the item(s) are shipped. I like that.

Throwing 2 pennies out there.
AndyB
agree.gif Stuff happens if you have a personal gripe, bitch, or whatever against a person or buisness then dont talk to or buy their product. Not everyone is located in such an area as to be able to go down the street and find someone else to buy from. My only issues with AA are small and have been resolved very easily over a single email or PM to George. I also support the vendors section I dont limit my purchases to a single source. Yeah I am a CSOB but odds are there are a lot more like me. Huh my soap box broke guess I am done then biggrin.gif
914rat
I once got charged 3 times for the same order.It was eventually straightened out.I stopped hating AA when i quit buyig from them.
Joe Owensby
Carrie is top notch. She is a valuable asset to AA. JoeO
dr914@autoatlanta.com
and Jason's computer glitch is now fixed. We had offered special prices to club members only and regular prices to regular people. The system was not picking up the club code!!!! Rest assured that as a club member you are getting the discount and the others are not! Call me personally any time you have a problem 1 800 792 4944 or dr914@autoatlanta.com. We are here to help not to hinder AND there is always someone here for detailed tech advice if everyone else is sleeping and you are up for a late night with your 914: The hotline 24 hours a day is 404 308 5652!!!! If I do not know the answer, then you are doing something to your 914 of which I do not approve!
J P Stein
I have never been jacked around by any on-line auto parts vendor *except* AA.....I stopped trading with them years ago. There are too many good suppliers around to put up with their crap. Apologizing for them is something that will be repeated until they go tits up. Sharpen up your excuses.

I feel no urge to soften up my critique in any way. If ya gotta shine some supplier, try Wayne at Pelican Parts. He will bend over backwards to help ya.....rather than try to bend you over.

Do biddness with Summit, Jeggs, Coleman.....those guys know how to treat customers. AA wouldn't last a month if they were in competition for your buck.
jsayre914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 8 2010, 07:05 PM) *

The hotline 24 hours a day is 404 308 5652

thanks George

beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
You know what pisses me off George. You having the replica factory flares made. I could have just used the cheesy fiberglass everyone else had to use or fought the ebay crowd when the occasional set of factory steel flares came around but no, you had to make exceedingly accurate factory replica flares causing me to have to pay less and get better. I hate that George. I wish you would just stay in your office and not do anything good for the 914 community. biggrin.gif Oh, and what the hell is with the group buy on these? Because of that, I had to pay less for them. That is just annoying!

Tongue firmly in cheek... piratenanner.gif
black73
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Sep 8 2010, 06:22 PM) *

I have never been jacked around by any on-line auto parts vendor *except* AA.....I stopped trading with them years ago. There are too many good suppliers around to put up with their crap. Apologizing for them is something that will be repeated until they go tits up. Sharpen up your excuses.

I feel no urge to soften up my critique in any way. If ya gotta shine some supplier, try Wayne at Pelican Parts. He will bend over backwards to help ya.....rather than try to bend you over.

Do biddness with Summit, Jeggs, Coleman.....those guys know how to treat customers. AA wouldn't last a month if they were in competition for your buck.

That's fine, but I don't see the point in insulting someone who has positive experience with AA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.