Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Critical thing or not?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
So, I have the new harness from Jeff installed, but I had plugged the hose and disconnected the 5th injector lead, and now I broke the tab on the TTS.

How critical is it to operate those parts anyhow? I have a new 5th injector (not installed yet), but I have no lead onto the TTS. I would have to replace it.

Have not started the car, but it never gets so cold here that I would have to use it anyhow.

Will the Djet FI run or not run with those two items discconnected/inoperable?

Thanks!

John
underthetire
Don't know about the TTS, but it does not care about the cold start injector at all.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(underthetire @ Sep 7 2010, 10:29 AM) *

Don't know about the TTS, but it does not care about the cold start injector at all.

confused24.gif about that statement.

The single-pole thermoswitch (TS) is used on the 914s through 1974. The 75-76 cars used a 2-pole thermotime switch. Details on Brad Anders' site.

Both the TS and TTS are wired in series with the cold start valve and are effectively a thermally-dependent ground switch, reliant on ambient temperature to fire the cold start valve.

John, I have spare TS if you still want one, email me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.