Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's in a 1-2-3 finish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
You know the photo. Where can I find it? Want to blow it up and make a poster
JmuRiz
You mean the 1-2-3 finish at the Nurburgring Marathon de la Route 86 hour race, right?
IPB Image
IPB Image
Eric_Shea
You mean the 1-2-3 finish at the Nurburgring Marathon de la Route 86 hour race, right?

agree.gif

Click to view attachment
kfish914
That wold make a great poster
jfort
that's it. thanks, guys. now, anyone know how i can get it so I can have it blown up?
EdwardBlume
We should recreate that scene... anyone have $150K to blow?
PlaysWithCars
Uh, they finished 1-3-2 if I read the picture correctly... blink.gif Not 1-2-3 av-943.gif

Click to view attachment

campbellcj
I have the above poster framed; used to be in my home office while I still had one (now it's my daughter's bedroom.) I'm sure the poster is still available but I'm not sure about a high-res copy of the B&W photo; that would be tougher. I bet the factory has a copy and maybe it's even on their web site(s) somewhere.
carr914
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 7 2010, 08:10 PM) *

We should recreate that scene... anyone have $150K to blow?

When I get my GT (I'm going for #3 look) done, I'm hoping to get together with the Collier Museum car. I need somebody with a #1 car

Click to view attachment
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 7 2010, 09:10 PM) *

I have the above poster framed; used to be in my home office while I still had one (now it's my daughter's bedroom.) I'm sure the poster is still available but I'm not sure about a high-res copy of the B&W photo; that would be tougher. I bet the factory has a copy and maybe it's even on their web site(s) somewhere.

If they have a copy, they undoubtably have a copywrite, too ..............

The Cap'n
nein14
I had a bunch of them I had bought from a guy at Hershey Swap met years ago and resold them the following year moght hava a couple left I will look
campbellcj
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 8 2010, 07:39 AM) *

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 7 2010, 09:10 PM) *

If they have a copy, they undoubtably have a copywrite, too ..............

The Cap'n

Absolutely, and I am no lawyer but typically downloading or printing it for personal use (such as hanging in one's private garage) is acceptable use. Printing a run of posters and trying to sell them without authorization would not be and would rightly unleash the lawyers.
nathansnathan
I found a pic of those same cars before the race. Funny how the black and white makes it look so classic on the other.

IPB Image
RFoulds
You would think they coulda staged them in numerical order. Or was driver #2 too stubborn to give up his position???

JmuRiz
So does that mean that Yellow IS faster? Since the #1 had a yellow 1/2 bumper....

And green is faster than red...
1970 Neun vierzehn
photos not seen often from the race.........
carr914
I'd like to get one of those Gas Tanks for my GT, but they cost more than the 914 I just bought blink.gif

Maybe I can get an old GM or Ford Tank and mount it there.
Eric_Shea
I have an extra one, you can have it for the price of shipping... biggrin.gif
carr914
Which one, GT or GM?
Eric_Shea
I've got a bunch of those GT tanks laying around. They're in a pile to go to the metal scrapers... $0.37 a pound right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.