Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price Check - 4 Lug Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I'm posting here because;

#1, I don't have them in my hands yet ( They are coming in on a car that I will be doing a -6 conversion on), and therefore can't sell them until I have them.

#2, I have been so involved in Real -6s the last few years, that I have not kept up or even looked at -4 pricing, especially Fuchs

Anyway, I will have Five 4 -Lug Fuchs in the next week or so. They look nice and have been refinished in the original style. I'm not sure how nice the center caps are. I will be selling these with tires if possible, Center caps, Lug Bolts and I think I have a stash of those black plastic lug bolt covers.

So what is the going rate these days?

T.C.
EdwardBlume
I sold a set of 16 in rough looking but solid shape for $60 in the past 12 months if that helps...
carr914
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 7 2010, 08:01 PM) *

I sold a set of 16 in rough looking but solid shape for $60 in the past 12 months if that helps...

What? you sold Fuchs for $4 apiece?
EdwardBlume
Oops. I guess I should read. I sold the lug bolts... I guess this just adds to my post count... admins?
carr914
Well, now I know what the bolts go for av-943.gif
IronHillRestorations
$80-$125 per wheel would be my guesstimate. Singles are always more. Primo pristine originals would probably bring more to the right buyer.
hot_shoe914
I sold my last set for $450.00 about 2 years ago.
Rav914
I bought a set of four with lugs for $550 last year. Anodizing wasn't that nice. So I'm paying an additional $500 to have them polished and anodized by Al Reed.

What's the -6 conversion project going to be?
Joe Bob
If they are anything like five lug Fuchs, prices have been going up on wheels. I would sit on them for awhile.
Sleepin
Shoot me a PM T.C. I have a lead on a super nice set for you. wink.gif
PlaysWithCars
They'll move at $450 for the set if they are in decent shape up to $600 for primo ones.
Derek Seymour
I sold my set of 5 with caps and lug bolts for $515 last August.

If the buyer is picking them up a for a concours vehicle one factor will be the date stamping you can find on the back. Basically if they are all from the same month/year AND in good shape you can get a little more for them than what I did. However if they were like mine and 2 out of the three were from a later year and month expect $100 per rim/cap/lug combo as the median price.

QUOTE(plays with cars @ Sep 7 2010, 08:51 PM) *

They'll move at $450 for the set if they are in decent shape up to $600 for primo ones.

carr914
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Sep 7 2010, 10:33 PM) *

What's the -6 conversion project going to be?

I'm going to be getting my Beck Body Kit back piratenanner.gif

Plus I already have the following;

Pro-Built 2.7 Carrera RS motor
Oil Coolers
ElectroMotive Crankfire Ignition
Dr Evil Built Tranny
Headers w/Megaphones
Rear re-inforced Trailing arms W/ 5-Lug SC Brakes
Front Strut Housings w/ 3.5" spacing ( will be looking for brakes)
15 x 8 & 9" Fuchs

Need an Oil Tank ( have the filler & console)
Rav914
Should be sweet! Especially with those parts.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Derek Seymour @ Sep 7 2010, 11:02 PM) *

I sold my set of 5 with caps and lug bolts for $515 last August.

If the buyer is picking them up a for a concours vehicle one factor will be the date stamping you can find on the back. Basically if they are all from the same month/year AND in good shape you can get a little more for them than what I did. However if they were like mine and 2 out of the three were from a later year and month expect $100 per rim/cap/lug combo as the median price.

QUOTE(plays with cars @ Sep 7 2010, 08:51 PM) *

Derek - it was $500 - $100 per wheel. shades.gif

TC - Mark Heard in TX want the ones I got from Derek last summer for his LE Cremesicle, since he wants to do it as a Japan 914SL look alike with the red painted Fuchs, which are what Derek sold to me (Phoenix Red over Chromate Green Primer ala the US LE Mahles).

So we (he & I) are looking for a good "replacement" set of 5 in standard OE finish to restore. When you get them in, plz shoot me an email with price & pix. I'll place a 1st interest in them pending pix & price, or after anyone in front of me.

I have a set of 4 NOS/NIB center caps, & will get new factory lugs (unless yours are essentially perfect/excl), & won't want the tires, esp. if I airline it with them.

If they work out condition & pricewise, then I have a conference in Orlando around the 26th, so I may be able to pack 5 wheels only in a bag or 2 & meet the Southwest 2 free bags limit of 50# each. How close are you to Orlando? confused24.gif

Rav914 - Al quoted me $140 per wheel for Derek's to restore & re-anodize them (including removing the paint/primer), so your $500 for 4 wheels sounds about right.

Cheers! beerchug.gif

Tom
///////
carr914
Tom, I'll post some pictures Tues or Wed when I get them.

I'm leaving the 26th for Petit LeMans
Tom_T
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 10 2010, 01:42 PM) *

I'm leaving the 26th for Petit LeMans

Thanx TC - PLM sounds like fun! smile.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 7 2010, 07:04 PM) *

I sold my last set for $450.00 about 2 years ago.

..I'm with you..Reeeally shades.gif bye1.gif
(how did that lug bolt get in my coffee?)
URY914
Check thesumba.com's classifieds
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 10 2010, 04:42 PM) *

Tom, I know what you are looking for and these are not it. What I have are Real 4-Lug Fuchs that have been Powdercoated & Cleared. The Center caps are useable but have the usual dings, the Very Good LugBolts have been painted. They are nice as is - absolutely no wobble. But for a Concours fitment they would need to be re-finish'd. The Spare is original finish

So am I looking at $75 a/wheel plus more for the spare? Plus the Bolts & Caps - is there someone here that remends the Caps?

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Thanx for the expert advice TC - appreciated!

That explains the somewhat flat look of the wheels, vs. the OE polished petals/blades & rims with satin backgrounds. The spare might work if I end up with a set of 4 restorable ones. Al Reid gave me a quote of $140 each to do a set back to OE & reanodize them, so I'm expecting to restore whatever I find, but prefer not to undo a paint job on them.

I seriously doubt that you can get the caps back flat & looking right, given the thinness of the metal & determination of the tire monkeys over time! dry.gif

Hey - is that 914 from Wayne from Brooklyn IN's - a 72 or 73 IIRC?

I talked to him a few weeks back when I was in that area & he said he had 2 potential buyers from down south looking at his slant nose resto.
carr914
Yes, that is Wayne's car, it arrived here yesterday

If you are going to have Al Reid do the wheels, it shouldn't matter if they have powdercoat, as he would strip the wheels anyway.
Tom_T
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 16 2010, 02:58 AM) *

Yes, that is Wayne's car, it arrived here yesterday

If you are going to have Al Reid do the wheels, it shouldn't matter if they have powdercoat, as he would strip the wheels anyway.

How funny! Wayne lives a couple of blocks from one of my brother's & nephews' homes. I got a 914 bra from him a while back & had him drop it there to get on my trip this summer. Due to my busy schedule back there, we didn't get a chance to hook up, except to talk by phone my last evening in town. He seemed like a nice guy & his resto post looked like he did a ton of work on that 914!

Would the PC process do anything to weaken the forged aluminum of the wheels? confused24.gif

How much rash/pitting is there to repair on them & how easily is that done by guys like Al? confused24.gif

I think part of the $140 quoted by Al reflected stripping the Phoenix Red over Chromate primer on the set of 5 Fuchs I have - that Mark Heard wants to use as painted for his LE resto as a Japan-style 914SL - so I think I can probably save on the overall resto cost by him if he doesn't strip them - but not sure.

Still $75 for the 4 + whatever for the spare may be a good way to go if I can bring them with me in a 2nd bag on Southwest next month to save shipping. Otherwise I'd need a quote to ship to 92867.
carr914
Powder-Coat is just Paint Pigments that when heated melt & self-level. I can't imagine that removing Powder would be that much intensive than Paint

carr914
These are now available & an ad is the Classifieds

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=112419
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.