Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Seatbelts on a 75'?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
The seatbelts on the 75' I'm taking to RRC are, in short, shot. I have the 'older' lap-belt style, but those don't seem as safe. I'm eyeing this SC that is sitting in the shop right next to the 914. Can I take the belts out of that and bolt on to the 75'? They look exactly the same.

I did a search, and I saw all sorts of references to the recess in the firewall and the use of 944 seatbelts, but nothing in the way of 911's.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 7 2010, 05:43 PM) *

The seatbelts on the 75' I'm taking to RRC are, in short, shot. I have the 'older' lap-belt style, but those don't seem as safe. I'm eyeing this SC that is sitting in the shop right next to the 914. Can I take the belts out of that and bolt on to the 75'? They look exactly the same.

I did a search, and I saw all sorts of references to the recess in the firewall and the use of 944 seatbelts, but nothing in the way of 911's.

icon_bump.gif
Root_Werks
PO put 944 belts in my 914. They look way more modern.

Other than that, yes, I do believe 911 seat belts will work, not the same, but will work IIRC.
Drums66
...It's been done. poke.gif
Cap'n Krusty
The critical issue is the length. Keep that in mind.

The Cap'n
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 8 2010, 12:19 PM) *

The critical issue is the length. Keep that in mind.

The Cap'n

agree.gif

Thanks, I forgot to mention that. Mine you can see have been re-stitched by a shop and even re-tagged as safety inspected. Odd, but true. Looks like they were shortened a little?
Drums66
Depends on how big the man is?? popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.