Full Version: SOT: One hot 1.8!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cheapsnake
Two problems:
1. a toasted 1.8 out of a parts car and
2. burnt out drip tray on my grill.

Problem solved...
Click to view attachment

I split the cylinders lengthwise and welded them to some scrap steel to hold them in place and I have the coolest/hottest drip tray in town. Actually works quite well, although next time I'd rearrange them to nest together a little better. The barrels act very nicely as a heat bank and the fins throw the heat off evenly. The dirty grill adds a touch of flavor.

I return you now to serious 914 discussion.

Tom
Drums66
very inventive(hot barrel's) chowtime.gif smoke.gif
jsayre914
nice job hippie smile.gif

i love it aktion035.gif
Black22
That is pretty cool! What an imagination! I bet it works great and you recycled. Do you like your ribs with 20/50 or 10/30??? av-943.gif
iamchappy
Where's the Beef........
Cheapsnake
QUOTE(Black22 @ Sep 8 2010, 05:55 PM) *

That is pretty cool! What an imagination! I bet it works great and you recycled. Do you like your ribs with 20/50 or 10/30??? av-943.gif

LOL, actually my wife swears she can detect an aura of burnt oil on anything I grill. I tell her it's just her imagination and please pass the 10w/30. chowtime.gif

Tom
Eric_Shea
Where's the Beef........

Ya hey der... where's da Brats?
VaccaRabite
personally, I am not sure I would eat food made off of that. I am sure that you are burning off oil and other foulness into everything that you cook.

Eventually you will burn off all of it. But until then you are just taking all that stuff, vaporizing it, and transferring it directly to your food. You know whats in oil and gas these days. You don't want to be ingesting it.

Zach
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 9 2010, 10:30 AM) *

personally, I am not sure I would eat food made off of that. I am sure that you are burning off oil and other foulness into everything that you cook.

Eventually you will burn off all of it. But until then you are just taking all that stuff, vaporizing it, and transferring it directly to your food. You know whats in oil and gas these days. You don't want to be ingesting it.

Zach

I think what you did is pretty cool. Zach may be right though. Maybe you should have it sand blasted.
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 9 2010, 11:30 AM) *

Zach

c'mone Zach,

it cant be worse than fast food. idea.gif

you dont know where the meat came from, or what the animal was fed
you dont know how they prepared or stored the meat or what was added
you dont know what the dude did just before he cooked the meat
and you dont know how long it sat before you got to eat it

biggrin.gif

How bad can it be chowtime.gif
underthetire
Cool idea, hell can't be any worse for you than eating McDonald's, right?

Now you need to use those and build a BBQ trailer from the back of a 914 !
BigDBass
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 9 2010, 09:24 AM) *

Where's the Beef........

lol-2.gif You can take the man out of the midwest...
Cheapsnake
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 9 2010, 06:24 AM) *

Where's the Beef........

der still soakin in da beer..yah sure!
karmanbuilt
You might just be a Red Neck if your grill looks like this...... bye1.gif
PeeGreen 914
I think it is very cool but have to agree with Zach on this. Some metals even release different gases when hot enough. Some are very toxic.
carr914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 9 2010, 06:10 PM) *

I think it is very cool but have to agree with Zach on this. Some metals even release different gases when hot enough. Some are very toxic.

But what kind of metal & cadium is on your grill made in China? I'll take German Gas anytime unless I move to Poland
Cheapsnake
Trust me, I cooked the crap out of those things before I ever put them to use with food. Besides, the cholesteral, fat and alcohol is probably gonna kill me long before the toxic metals get me.

Redneck? I don't think so. I still got both my teeth.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.