Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Spike TV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Have you guys seen this Japanese show? Holy shit it's funny and people get seriously F'd up in the competitions, It's on now if you have Spike TV.
TimT
That is some funny stuff....been watching it for a few months now on and off..

Looks like some it is quite painful... though you never see an ambulance laugh.gif
ppickerell
My wife gives me unbelievable grief if she catches me watching that show.
vortrex
that's an old show, my gf watched it as a kid in japan. notice the one host is Takeshi Kitano, the star of the gangster movie "brother".
Jenny
They're having a marathon tonight. It's nice to just watch some TV that will have you rolling on the floor. Not too much thinking involved, just good old fashioned ball-in-the-groin humor. It's funny to hear what the contestants shout before they tackle an obstacle. One japanese girl pumped both fists in the air and gleefully declared "Doggie style!!" rolling.gif

Jen
Hawktel
Yeah I like the roller logs one, You always get some one bending the wrong away through it, I ask them to play it at my bar.
Mark Henry
They wanted to make a version of the show here, but they would have to change the name to "Most Extreme Lawsuit Challenge".

Some of those people must have permanent injuries.

But it is a hoot. chairfall.gif
EdwardBlume
Good show. I can't figure out why they sign up for it. The rolling logs or the leap to a step that isn't real sure looks painful.
stecz
QUOTE(Jenny @ Apr 15 2004, 09:51 PM)
It's funny to hear what the contestants shout before they tackle an obstacle. One japanese girl pumped both fists in the air and gleefully declared "Doggie style!!"  :rolling:

Jen

Ummmm..... I hate to break it to you, but the dialog is all dubbed and I'm pretty sure they use comedians (that don't know any japanese) for the "translations"...
Jenny
Yup, I knew that. rolleyes.gif I've watched enough dubbed shows in my life to recognize one. And I didn't really think they'd name their sports "sinkers and floaters," "log drop" etc... It probably wouldn't be as funny if they didn't dub it. But they have impeckable timing, and really funny shit. "This week, bartenders versus wall street brokers!" and they have people saying stuff like "Happy hour!" and "Give me a cold one!" before they plummet to the grey sludge. Go MXC!

Jen
bongo monkey
Most Extreme Elimination Challenge... oh man, that's the funniest show on TV today.

IMO, it's the second funniest TV show ever, after Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Jenny
Anyone ever catch Trigger Happy TV on comedy central? I haven't seen it in a couple months, but that's a great one too.

Jen
lmcchesney
Of course you do realize, in order for a person in Japan to qualify to appear as a contestant on that show, they have to be a 914 owner.
L. Mcchesney
bongo monkey
QUOTE(Jenny @ Apr 16 2004, 11:46 AM)
Anyone ever catch Trigger Happy TV on comedy central? I haven't seen it in a couple months, but that's a great one too.

Jen

Yeah, that show was amusing, then got old. Fast.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(cavwpguy @ Apr 16 2004, 06:43 AM)
Good show. I can't figure out why they sign up for it. The rolling logs or the leap to a step that isn't real sure looks painful.

That challenge looks like it will eventually kill someone. Hillarious. If you enjoy the humorous dubbing of english, you may want to rent the movie "What's Up, Tigerlilly". It's a really cheesey 60's Japanese spy movie that Woodie Allen dubbed in the english. Anybody out there ever see it? aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.