Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SBC Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete
Can anyone help me with finding a fuel pump for my SBC 350 conversion. What do I need to know/look at when figuring out fuel delivery to my Edelbrock 4 barrel. Thanks!
TurboWalt
Will you be using a mechanical or electric? What size CFM Edelbrock? Things to consider are CFM of carb, HP of your 350, and GPH of pump.
pete
QUOTE(TurboWalt @ Sep 8 2010, 10:18 AM) *

Will you be using a mechanical or electric? What size CFM Edelbrock? Things to consider are CFM of carb, HP of your 350, and GPH of pump.

Thanks Walt. Would the CFM's be marked on the carb or do I have to do a little research. Bought everything on Ebay. I would think using an electric pump would be better. I was told the engine was built to be around 300HP by Renegade Hybrids. But I have no dyno tests regarding that. I would like to use my original fuel tank. The car is a 1974. Had a 1.8 liter in it.
Mike Bellis
You cannot use a mechanical fuel pump with the chevy conversion. The engine cradle is in the way. Buy a pressure regulator so you don't flood the carb. Most 4bbl carbs need 7psi. Mount an electric pump near the fuel tank, down low.
pete
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 8 2010, 10:46 AM) *

You cannot use a mechanical fuel pump with the chevy conversion. The engine cradle is in the way. Buy a pressure regulator so you don't flood the carb. Most 4bbl carbs need 7psi. Mount an electric pump near the fuel tank, down low.

Any suggestions on what and where to buy one maybe online? I've replaced fuel pumps on my Jeeps before but never had to custom size one to an unfamiliar engine.
Mike Bellis
If your HP is under 350, almost any electric pump will work. Holley makes a decent regulator at a low price. Summit Racing or Jegs would be where to order online.
pete
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 8 2010, 11:09 AM) *

If your HP is under 350, almost any electric pump will work. Holley makes a decent regulator at a low price. Summit Racing or Jegs would be where to order online.

Thanks Mike.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.