Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ventura Show fka German Autofest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Just got off the phone with Eddie at World Class Motoring, the event is cancelled for 2010 due to the economy, etc. They do plan a 2011 show with a wider venue to cars other than Porsches.

gary gartner

Yeah, I heard that reumor at "Supercar Sunday"

but forgot to verify on the web site.

Too bad always a fun day mad.gif

Gary
Elliot Cannon
Sorry to see this one go. It was always a fun time just seeing old friends again. I guess I better cancel my reservations.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 9 2010, 02:57 PM) *

Sorry to see this one go. It was always a fun time just seeing old friends again. I guess I better cancel my reservations.

agree.gif Ventura was a cool place to have the event, I met a lot of 914'ers there that I've never seen on this board nor any other event... sad.gif
Steve
That sucks!! Well I guess that's another reason to go to the GPR event!!
campbellcj
That bites! In the early years it was always a "must do" event for me but it got noticeably weaker in the last few.

Hopefully it will be revitalized and marketed/publicized MUCH better in the future. It is amazing how a little bit of web posting and word of mouth can affect turnout at these things. Look at the Motor 4 Toys and Supercar Sunday things in my area - HUNDREDS of interesting cars and car people converge at those things.
campbellcj
On the bright side - that weekend is the HSR West Fall Formula Festival at Willow Springs, which is a wonderful vintage race event to check out. Again the turnout at their stuff has been down but there are still some very cool cars and good folks. I hope to be out there shooting pics one of the days, probably Saturday.
No need to waste the money if it's going to be half ass. I just wish they would have been more up front about it so the vendors had more time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.