Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Gurus - Now's Your Chance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
Never thought I would have to ask for help, but......,

Conditions:

1. Car will start and run.
2. Turn key on, no volts at volt guage, No Oil or Amp light.
3. While running, faint glow from amp light.
4. Step on brake, tach dies, gas guage dies.

Have poured over wiring diagrams, disconnected Alt @ relay plate, checked fuses (not with VOM yet), looked at most grounds and changed relay plate & relays. Next step is to change start switch.

Anybody got any ideas? TNT is not an option at this point.

'73 2.0L

Damn............., wacko.gif mad.gif
JWest
All the problem items are fed by the same ignition switch connection as the coil, so if it starts and runs then your switch is fine.

Try cleaning/swapping fuse #9.
Bruce Allert
agree.gif yup 4th 1 frum da rite.
Just happened to be reading (shouldn't admit this here cuz it might start sum contraversy) rolleyes.gif Georges book and he said the exact same thing. I've gone to his book multiple times & was able to find the correct fix. Won't buy from him (again) tho! smoke.gif

.........b
SLITS
Thanks Guys - was hoping I missed something somewhere - I had traced the diagrams down to #9 and also #11 for some reason that I don't remember.

A beer or ? to you both beer.gif beerchug.gif (one of these days I may actually be able to pay off - was trying for the WCC for a visit - 500 mile one way - no AX for me as it is 500 back - Don't wanna blow the engine and if I shake the rust to much, the car may fall apart) lol3.gif
SLITS
It was

NUMBER 9....NUMBER 9.......NUMBER 9......

Ok, so I am blind <_<

But a

THANK YOU

to Mr. Adams and that Hungarian mongel.....uhhhhh...Mr. Allert I mean.
MXMARK
I just had the same thing happen to me. I looked down and the fuse was toast. Good that you fixed it. Mark
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 16 2004, 04:45 PM)
It was<h1>NUMBER 9....NUMBER 9.......NUMBER 9......</h1>Ok, so I am blind dry.gif

But a<h1>THANK YOU</H1>to Mr. Adams and that Hungarian mongrel.....uhhhhh...Mr. Allert I mean.

I will make it down that way for a WCC one of these years & will take you up on that beer.

Also, us mongrels (or "mudbloods" as they put it in Harry Potter) make the best pets smile.gif good memory there Slits smoke.gif

............b beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.