Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know "Specialty Sales" in Pleasanton?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
A friend of mine is looking at a '78 SC for sale at "Specialty Sales" in Pleasanton.

Anyone here know the place, or even better, would be able to do a PPI?

Their Website:
http://www.specialtysales.com/index.php

And a link to the Car in question, 2nd in the list, '78 SC Turbo:
http://www.specialtysales.com/inventory.ph...p;Submit=Search

piratenanner.gif Andy
Mike Bellis
I live 5 miles from there. how soon do you need it?
Root_Werks
Oooo, that's nice!
RFoulds
I'm not there but,
If its priced anywhere near right, get it.

BUT, what kinda crappy dealer takes more pics of the stupid audio gear than the engine or interior?

Must be an 18 year old putting their pics on the web for them..
johnnyreb2010
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 9 2010, 01:22 PM) *

Hello everyone I'm a newbie & the one inquiring about that car, but the sooner the better but what ever is convenient for you, I sent you a pm also, Thank You & I look forward to talking with everyone.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(johnnyreb2010 @ Sep 9 2010, 08:51 PM) *

Hello everyone I'm a newbie & the one inquiring about that car, but the sooner the better but what ever is convenient for you, I sent you a pm also, Thank You & I look forward to talking with everyone.

welcome.png
johnnyreb2010
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 9 2010, 10:23 PM) *

QUOTE(johnnyreb2010 @ Sep 9 2010, 08:51 PM) *

welcome.png

Thank You hot shoe914, I've looked at several 914s & 911s on the Renegade Hybrids site has anyone on here ever heard of them or has a LS1 Aluminum motor in their car. I think there awesome but when i posted on the Porsche (Rennlist) Forum, you would have thought someone had been shot. Is that the general consenus here or is it what ever floats your boat goes. I guess i haven't been a Porsche enthusiast all my life so i don't fully understand the 911 sacred ground thing, but i'm learning pretty quick. I've just always liked nice cars it doesn't really matter if it a mix & match or a Frankenstein car as long as it looks good. whats the general opinion here & when i learn a little more about posting pics & stuff i will, cause i know without pics it doesn't really exist.
Jeffs9146
CW's on the 911 board beer.gif , we say, "its your car, do what you want!"

No offence to the 911 crowd, I have owned a few, but that was the same feeling I got when I went to the events with my teen!
Mike Bellis
There are sooo many conversions here. Everybody gets along. Mine is a V8 car. Stupid fast! 930 Brakes, suspension, cage. Former race car not a semi daily driver.

Welcome to the WORLD!

Click to view attachment
johnnyreb2010
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 9 2010, 11:19 PM) *

There are sooo many conversions here. Everybody gets along. Mine is a V8 car. Stupid fast! 930 Brakes, suspension, cage. Former race car not a semi daily driver.

Welcome to the WORLD!

Click to view attachment

Man I might have found my calling, I've always thought that it was alot more feasible even though it is a vette motor. I have 1 indy within a 100 mile radius & he just ripped me a new one, next time i'll just drive the 100 miles to the dealer. But with a chevy motor theres mechanics everywhere that can work on them, change out spark plugs in 30 minutes, parts are a hell of alot cheaper, easier to find & definitely more interchangeable, so on & so on, not to mention the sound. but the Purist just don't see it that way & the guys at Renegade said that it doesn't change the balance of the car & the motor is actually lighter than a turbo motor, but it would have to make some kind of difference with the balance of the car i would think. But i wouldn't be racing the car to start with on long & winding roads, maybe a little bit more on stop light to stop light, i would really love to ride in one of the 914's with a v8, i can only imagine how those things run. Does anyone have any times in the quarter mile, has anyone ever see the Toyjet (Targa) his & the Renegade guys car are professional built, those cars are very nice not some shade tree mechanics. Scott at Renegade even told me if i flew out there & wasn't impressed he would pay for my airfair, I go to Vegas quite often so i'm definitely gonna take him up on it within the next month, will let you guys know about the tour. Has any of you guys been out there already or live out there & went by.
SirAndy
QUOTE(johnnyreb2010 @ Sep 9 2010, 09:56 PM) *
Has any of you guys been out there already or live out there & went by.

Renegade has been around for a very, very long time ... shades.gif

Personally, i don't like the idea of having water in my 914. Anywhere. Including the motor. biggrin.gif

My biggest grief with V8 conversions is that many are done on a budget and i hate to see any kind of hack-job on a 914 (or 911 for that matter).

They do change the balance of the car as the motor usually sits higher, but that can be dialed out by setting up the suspension accordingly.

If you need more power, you can always go for a aircooled Porsche big /6 ...
happy11.gif Andy

PS: Hey Gerry! Marc says hi ...
johnnyreb2010
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 10 2010, 12:42 AM) *

QUOTE(johnnyreb2010 @ Sep 9 2010, 09:56 PM) *
Has any of you guys been out there already or live out there & went by.

Renegade has been around for a very, very long time ... shades.gif

Personally, i don't like the idea of having water in my 914. Anywhere. Including the motor. biggrin.gif

My biggest grief with V8 conversions is that many are done on a budget and i hate to see any kind of hack-job on a 914 (or 911 for that matter).

They do change the balance of the car as the motor usually sits higher, but that can be dialed out by setting up the suspension accordingly.

If you need more power, you can always go for a aircooled Porsche big /6 ...
happy11.gif Andy

PS: Hey Gerry! Marc says hi ...

Thanks SirAndy tell Marc hello & thank you for introducing me to this forum & my contact with Mike, great guy. No water does that mean you don't like my 996. You know when i was looking at my 996 i thought that a 911 (996) was the epitemy of Porsche & what it stood for, then i had a couple of Purist that told me i still don't have a Real Porsche, so i guess i've got to go back to the drawing board. I'm learning more about Porsches & its people everyday, some good & some not so good. Again Thanks SirAndy
SirAndy
QUOTE(johnnyreb2010 @ Sep 9 2010, 11:28 PM) *
No water does that mean you don't like my 996.

I like the 996.
I don't mind the water in the newer cars, i just don't like the idea of putting it in my 914. biggrin.gif

That's why i went with a air-cooled 993 motor out of a '95 993. One of the last years of the Porsche air-cooled area.

3.6L, ~300HP and ~275flbs of torque do move those 1950lbs of car quite nicely ...
shades.gif Andy
Cap'n Krusty
SC, turbo? Which is it? 911 Turbo cars are engineered substantially differently than the N/A cars. If you want a turbo, buy a turbo. If you want an SC, buy one, not a potential can 'o worms.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.