Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Carrma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
carr914
So I bought another 914 ( I think this makes #25) to make into a Track/Auto-X car.

The Transport company told me today that the car will be picked up on 9-11 and delivered on 9-14. How Cool is that? I guess it was destiny that I will be converting this car to a -6.

Pictures on Tuesday, our Holiday

T.C.
jt914-6
It's destiny calling......maybe some of the donor parts will arrive on 9-14 too..... smash.gif
URY914
popcorn[1].gif
badm
T.C.
It's time for an intervention, you have been mainlining Porsche parts to long. That shit will kill you.

Badm.
Your killing me ..another one:) Enjoy in good health!
Root_Werks
rolleyes.gif

I've recieved only one 914 on 9-14 before, was pretty cool!

Take lots of pics!
Drums66
...Eat drink & be merry(don't forget mary) poke.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
rfuerst911sc
Congrats beer.gif .
RFoulds
How come when I lived in Tampa I couldn't find any 914's??? And I looked!!
pete-stevers
I think therapy should be considered!! blink.gif
don't know how you pull it off!!

but my wish list for
would be a couple of teeners (big bore sixes)
and well maybe a couple of early 911s
so if you find a therapist, call me
cause i need help too piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
pete-stevers
oh yeah i need a split window panel
and to finish my 59 single cab..too
carr914
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Sep 10 2010, 01:38 PM) *

Cause they were all at my house biggrin.gif
carr914
The Carr® is on the way. The driver told me it would be here 1st thing tomorrow morning, then between 12-2pm, so I expect it around Dinner Time ( or Happy Hour beerchug.gif )

T.C.
Eric_Shea

Cause they were all at my house

Beat me to it!
carr914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 13 2010, 04:13 PM) *

Cause they were all at my house

Beat me to it!

I'm an equal opportunity buyer - I've gotten cars from New Jersey, New York wub.gif , Washington, California, Alabama, Georgia, Sweden, Germany, Etc
Eric_Shea
And... options on many more.
carr914
It's here - a day late ( no 9-14 sad.gif ), Thanks a lot to Wayne 1234 for a great deal. Wayne put a lot of work into this car ( see his " my solid car ain't so solid" thread)

I will be turning this car into a track car - I was turned on to it because it is now so solid. Might be a tad heavy, but I'm confident in my driving abilities.

I will be calling this " RumbleBee" because of it's Yellow/Black theme plus anyone that knows me, nows I put Mega-Phones on my car for a mid-70's ROAR

Coming on the trailer this morning

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Dropped off in front of Harbor Freight - Potential Sponsor idea.gif

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
might as well wait for 9-16
carr914
Some of the Spares

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
A quick wash, sham-w0w and Blow-Dry

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jt914-6
Congrats TC....will be watching the build thread with a certain interest..... popcorn[1].gif
URY914
It has no front blinkers????
carr914
Underside = Clean as a Whistle

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This motor does not drop a leak, runs great- It is in the classifieds, someone is going to get a great Deal

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 15 2010, 09:11 PM) *

It has no front blinkers????

It Does - Wayne converted the fog-lights to Parking Light/ Turn-Signal - Very Cool

dlee6204
Very cool. What motor are you going to put in it? What else is on the upgrade list?
carr914
I've done Interior work in the past, So I tore into it today. Took the seats out (Fairly Good Condition - Will do Houndstooth Inserts as I have a bunch of Material), Put 2 Layers of RamMat, 1 layer of 1/4 inch foam, a layer of Dark Black Perlon. I then reattached the center section of the back-pad with Velcro. For some reason the center section sitting in the Sun created it's own Ghost-Flames - Weird

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Some hints of the "RumbleBee ®" future

The Beck Body Kit that I'm getting back. There are only 3 Kits that I know that were ever Made. Two of which went to the Beck kids Randy & Dave. - I owned the Light Blue car a few years ago, sold it to lack of room and am getting the BodyKit from Grasshopper in a couple of weeks

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

carr914
I got UPS yesterday ( Thanks JT & Tom) Rear reinforced Trailing Arms with 5-Lug SC brakes, Hubs etc, Plug & Play

Will be putting 15 x 8&9s' on the car

More pictures tomorrow

T.C.
carr914
Also had some Great Comedy today. Steve (smg914 - King of the 471s) stopped by with the GT3RS. He Stalled & Killed it out front. The 914 fired up every time - Thank you very much.

Steve, your Welcome for me helping get that POS on it's way evilgrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
There are only 3 Kits that I know that were ever Made

I have a NOS kit.
carr914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 15 2010, 09:42 PM) *

There are only 3 Kits that I know that were ever Made

I have a NOS kit.

That makes 4. It will be in Demand after this build. Tough to ship - being only two piece - very easy to install though.
carr914
My - To Do List for the day

Repair shifter - it has an old school short shift that the epoxy broke loose - Check

Mount Black Bumpers w/ best bumper tops I had, also RennenMetal front aux Fog mounts - Check

This actually took me longer than expected - there was only one dog-bone used on the previous bumpers and it took me an hour to locate my bag o 20 dog-bones & bolts headbang.gif

Go to DMV, Title & Register the car - Had to go twice, the real cute girl already cutomers, so I had to do with the Pikers hissyfit.gif

Assorted other stuff.

Mounted 1 Mirror
Mounted the P/S Seat Belt on the D/S temp as the D/S Belt mech spring was shot
Mounted the Rear Center reflector - I hate these things, but I didn't want to weld up the holes. I drimel'd a hole in the relector & remounted a lock mechanism, getting rid of the electro-buzzer

Got to go pick up the 2.8 Twin-Plug RSR motor tomorrow

T.C.
carr914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 15 2010, 06:32 PM) *

The Beck Body Kit that I'm getting back. There are only 3 Kits that I know that were ever Made. Two of which went to the Beck kids Randy & Dave. - I owned the Light Blue car a few years ago, sold it to lack of room and am getting the BodyKit from Grasshopper in a couple of weeks

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and the car will get either a 2.7 Carrera RS or a 2.8 RSR motor

Click to view attachment

That body kit looks much better on the slope nose.
carr914
Dreaming of a Day real soon

I may drop the 2.0 4 Cylinder tomorrow. I have VW guys all over me, but nobody from the World

Click to view attachment

carr914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 16 2010, 07:56 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 15 2010, 06:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and the car will get either a 2.7 Carrera RS or a 2.8 RSR motor

Click to view attachment

That body kit looks much better on the slope nose.

I agree and that is why it is the Perfect Storm for me to unite my Old Beck kit with this Slope-Nose

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
best ever
another;
forum/359338-914-photos-random-personal.html#post3400103]My Webpage[/url]
Britain Smith
Now that definitely looks like a X1/9
rick 918-S
Oh, great buy! I wanted to purchase that car but I bought two cars this year already.. dry.gif I know you buy cars every chance you get but you seem to resell them. When I get stuff it never seems to leave. biggrin.gif Do you have a set of those wheels that are on the Beck car?
carr914
I kept the Gotti's, Sold them with my 74 Carrera, bought them back & sold them again - the 10"s wouldn't fit anything I had. I have 2 sets of 9"s with Tires - BBS & Fuchs

On the Beck - the tire was petrified, no valve stem and the sidewalls were like a rock

Click to view attachment

After Refinishing

Click to view attachment
carr914
She stayed in the (somewhat) Air-Conditioned Garage today

Got everything disconnected for the 4-cylinder engine drop ( probably Sunday or Monday as I'm off to Sebring tomorrow)

Also went to the Engine Builders to drop off Air Shroud, Ignition, & Oil-bypass pieces. The New Swiss Valves arrived while I was there. Should be done by the end of the weekend

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Crazy putting a $40K engine in a $5K car confused24.gif - I'll let you know, but this was no ordinary $5K car

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
TC what chain housings are you going to use ?
carr914
Well, when I started to make a Leather Dash for the GT, I had an extra cracked dash laying around so I made two.

This car has a dash-cap that I hope is not to much of a bitch to get off - I'm sure somebody can use it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Four No Mour

Click to view attachment

I need to put the tools away, but my Favorite beverage awaits beer3.gif

Click to view attachment
carr914
Got Nothing today

I just went to the Bank with the Stack o Benjamins from my engine sale, to make sure they were real.

Click to view attachment

They were, so I can buy more parts idea.gif

carr914
Starting from the Passenger side, Today I installed outside mirror, RamMat'd the P/S Door, installed vapor shield and installed Door Panel

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Installed Near Perfect Rear Hella Lenses, Gave the others away

Click to view attachment

Garold, Mom's Service Cover looks Great against a Yellow car. I don't know that these are still available, But they are the BEST - Thanks Millie. I bought 2 and can't wear the 1st out.

Click to view attachment
carr914
Steve from Lakeland came by to buy a few parts - and a few for free.

He has.nt joined in the fun here - YET

He has a car that was his Dad's & he A/X's it some now

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.