Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Headlight ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eck
When I turn on my brights only one comes on, the other goes off. Low beams work fine on both. I changed the headlight thinking it might have been a bad bulb but still have the same problem, when you hit the brights the right light goes to bright, left goes off.

1970 1.7
tradisrad
check your wires on the fuse panel. perhaps a high beam wire is hooked to the fog lamp fuse...
avidfanjpl
Check the relay in the fuse panel.

Big round thing, and check the fuses on the right side of the panel. They control the lights.

John
VaccaRabite
You have a fuse out.
Each headlight has its on set of fuses. So there are two low beam fuses and 2 high beam fuses. This way if a fuse blows, it only takes out one light, and you can still drive home (or to the parts store) on the light still lit.

The high beam fuses are fuse 1 and 2 on your fuse panel (in the cockpit, right above where your left foot usually is while driving.)

One of those fuses is going to be either dirty at the contact or blown.

If the fuses are both good and the contact clean, start checking continuity in your wires from the light to the fuse.

Zach
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Sep 10 2010, 08:17 AM) *

check your wires on the fuse panel. perhaps a high beam wire is hooked to the fog lamp fuse...

yup fuses one is probably loose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.