Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Waiting on parts for Manfred...SO..........
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I am at a stop for Manfred as the conversion fittings and step downs from -12AN to -10 are on back order and can't do anything untill the oild system is plumbed right.....

So on to other projects.....

The Dakota some how lost all the rubber on the rear tires and had the same problem when the fronts were rotatd to the back......I went out and got some real live rice wheels and tires.

20 inch Eagles with 255/35/20 Continentals.....they hook up pretty nice when the boost hits and the LSD keeps it straight......but my question is.....does anyone know where I can get a performance upgrade on the brakes?

As you can see from the pics, it has vented and cross drilled front rotors, but drum rears.....is it possible to move the fronts to the rears and get larger diameter front rotors?
Joe Bob
Believe it or not....it has front and rear sway bars.....
Joe Bob
But leaf springs suspension in the rear.....prolly gonna lower it as well to fill the wells....the tires height is the same as stock.....
jonwatts
Those 20"ers don't look big enough (seriously).

Oh, maybe post a before picture for comparison
PatW
I hereby sentence you to start wearing your hat backwards and listen to snoop-doggy and Tupac.

Oh: Wheels are way to ricey.

Pat
Joe Bob
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Apr 16 2004, 07:19 AM)
Those 20"ers don't look big enough (seriously).

Oh, maybe post a before picture for comparison

That's why I am considering lowering it.....I did not want to go taller so that I would srcrew up the gearing. The thing launches like a scalded ape and tachs at 2500 rpms at 75mph......I LIKE it that way.....right in the power band.
TROJANMAN
i never understood dubs on a utility vehicle icon14.gif what happens when you hit your first pot hole while towing your trailer?
POP!
Mueller
I've got 20's on my F150 SuperCrew, but I'm also running 285/50/20 tires which have tons of sidewall (and width) so potholes and such are no problem at all MDB2.gif

As for the brakes, I have no idea, you might have to put together something from Wilwood. They now have radial mount calipers that have dust seals for street use. Only thing I don't like about Wilwood is that they do not supply or offer thier parts in 3D models. They do have the dimensions online so that is better than nothing.

Looks good Mikey.......I'd lower it, I'd also add air-bags to the rear suspension so that you can beef up/raise it when towing or hauling heavy stuff. My truck is lowered 2"/4", but with the rear air-bags, i have no problems with my trailer or anything else I need to haul.
seanery
Hey Mike,
you might look at 04 Durangos as a parts source. I've got big vented rotors up front and even bigger, but solid rotors in rear.
Joe Bob
Cool....now IF I can find a wrecked 04.....are Durangos the same? I'm not much of a Mopar guy...yet. wacko.gif
Eric_Shea
Get a wing while you're at it w00t.gif
TimT
Baer or Stop-Tech might make something like a drum to disc conversion
tat2dphreak
dunno if it's *TOO* ricey... but I think you need to lower it, airbrush a mural (that includes a nekkid girl) across the tailgate and get your last name in Silver roman script across the back glass... back glass, of course, having the darkest limo tint available(or legal)
laugh.gif

it looks fine by me man, but I dig that sort of thing...
cha914
I would look and see if you can get the brakes off one of the bigger diesel rigs in the dodge line...the ones with the towing package usually come with HUGE brakes.

Otherwise, wheels look pretty good, but you defin need to drop that sucker down.

Tony
Gint
Nice dubs Mikey!

But those rubber bands gotta go.

Get a taller tire and re-gear your rear.

Then look into a drop.
seanery
the previous Durango 1998-2003 was built on the Dakota chasis. The 2004 is the first model year to have its own chasis. I'm not exactly sure if they'll fit or not, but your local dodge dealer might be able to tell you, or not. Mine wasn't real smart on that stuff. Didn't even know the specs on the 20" wheel sold on the Ram Pickemuptruck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.