Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Light?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biggy72
The double red light at the top of the fuel gauge is blinking. I just replaced the fuse panel with an engman kit and it fixed quite a few of my problems, but now the light is blinking.

Is this the oil pressure light? I don't remember since my car hasn't been running in so long. If so would it flash for anything else? Emergency brake? I pressed the ebrake switch in and it didn't stop, but I didn't take it out and unplug it or connect it to see if that fixed my problem. Is there anything else that it could be?

If it is the oil pressure switch is there a way to test it? Check continuity?

The new fuse panel fixed my charging problem, dash lights, blinkers, and made my tach quit bouncing all over the place so I'm really happy with the purchase. I still need to clean up the wire routing and screw it back to the dash, but it's almost done. Anyway I'm almost back on the road.
qa1142
Big red light is E-brake, put the handle down

popcorn[1].gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(biggy72 @ Sep 11 2010, 01:20 AM) *

The double red light at the top of the fuel gauge is blinking. I just replaced the fuse panel with an engman kit and it fixed quite a few of my problems, but now the light is blinking.

Is this the oil pressure light? I don't remember since my car hasn't been running in so long. If so would it flash for anything else? Emergency brake? I pressed the ebrake switch in and it didn't stop, but I didn't take it out and unplug it or connect it to see if that fixed my problem. Is there anything else that it could be?

If it is the oil pressure switch is there a way to test it? Check continuity?

In my cars, the oil pressure light has been green.
No telling what a DAPO mightta done, and while wiring oil pressure to a big red flashing thing sounds like it might be a good idea - it's definitely not standard...

It does sound like a brake thing (I actually had a '72 - but I do not remember - sorry...). In addition to the E-brake, some cars have a brake failure system with a reset at the MC. If your MC has one - press it and see if that helps. I am told you don't have to remove the cover panel, but it might help to pull the left front roadwheel if you're not quite sure what you'll be seeing.

Oil pressure turns the oil pressure light OFF - the switch is "normally closed." You can simulate this with the ignition (but not engine...) on. Pull the terminal and ground it. Grounded == light on. Whatever light flashes when you do that is the oil pressure light.
marks914
If its blinking its the master cylinder warning check the fluid and reset
Mark
biggy72
I just replaced the master cylinder. Everything is full of fluid, but I may have one of the switches hooked up backward. Is it the two pin switch on the side of the master cylinder? I haven't seen any other switches but I may have missed something.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
You will have to push the reset button on the master cylinder to turn off the blinking light. The switch cannot be hooked up backwards. If yours is the two pin variety bleeding should reset it but if not unscrew it and push the button on the bottom fo the switch and reinstall.
The large flashing light is for both the master cylinder low brake pressure warning and the emergency brake "on" warning

QUOTE(biggy72 @ Sep 11 2010, 07:52 AM) *

I just replaced the master cylinder. Everything is full of fluid, but I may have one of the switches hooked up backward. Is it the two pin switch on the side of the master cylinder? I haven't seen any other switches but I may have missed something.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.