Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no control over intermittent wipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motomadness1947
When i got my 74 2.0 fi the windshield wipers and heater fan did not work, so this weekend I finally got round to check why. Lo, the number 8 fuse had been pulled. When i put it back in. I found that the wipers work in an intermittent function when the switch is in the off position. My switch is on the column and is the normal off slow and fast positions.

Does any one know the cause of the intermittent function or should I say malfunction? and how to stop it.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Of course all of the way down is intermittent. If they are working when the switch is one click up (the off position) the ground lead under the steering wheel under the lower turn signal wiper securing screw is loose. Typical. This is well covered in the 914"Tech Tips 700" book by Dr. 914!

QUOTE(motomadness1947 @ Sep 11 2010, 07:50 AM) *

When i got my 74 2.0 fi the windshield wipers and heater fan did not work, so this weekend I finally got round to check why. Lo, the number 8 fuse had been pulled. When i put it back in. I found that the wipers work in an intermittent function when the switch is in the off position. My switch is on the column and is the normal off slow and fast positions.

Does any one know the cause of the intermittent function or should I say malfunction? and how to stop it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.