Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daytime running lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Markl
Hey all, I know I've seen this, but can't find the thread(s). I want to use my foglights as daytime running lights (not as flashers). There's a way to rewire the switch so the fogs will come on w/o the headlights, right? Anyone know the procedure?

Thanks!
swl
I haven't done it but it should be really straight forward. The fogs are driven through a relay so power draw is not an issue. Just wire pin 87 of the relay to a fuse that is hot only with the key on. Like the radio.

Depending on what it looks like on the panel it might be easier to take the red/black off Fuse 10 and move it over to the radio fuse. Then leave the fox switch on all the time.
dlee6204
I just did this on my car tonight. It took 15 minutes at most!

http://members.rennlist.com/demick/fogrewire.html
Markl
Yeah, that's the one - thanks!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Yes it is easy by moving a wire on the headlight switch and one on the fuse block. One turns on the lights when the headlights are on the other only on low beam. There is a complete explanation in the 914 book "Tech Tips 700" by dr 914

QUOTE(Markl @ Sep 11 2010, 05:25 PM) *

Hey all, I know I've seen this, but can't find the thread(s). I want to use my foglights as daytime running lights (not as flashers). There's a way to rewire the switch so the fogs will come on w/o the headlights, right? Anyone know the procedure?

Thanks!

underthetire
FWIW the Jwest kit does that, gives you flash to pass, and GREAT instructions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.