Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 912 Turbo Project...status
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Well...I spent a long time the garage this week and got a fair amount completed. Let me first start out with some "money shots." I cut off the top of the donor type-4 case that I have mounted in the engine bay and installed the 911 11-blade fan like it will be on the real engine. WOW! It fits in there really nice and is going to look awesome. I think I am going to have plenty of room to mount the turbo behind it and an intercooler above it. Check out the pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

I also finished cutting out the front suspension pan and cleaning up the area for the new pan (Thanks HPH). I need to make a few more pieces here and there to repair some other rust spots, but it is getting closer. There is a mightly large hole where the front suspension pan was...

IPB Image

IPB Image

These are the new parts that I got from HPH...brand new suspension pan. If you going to do it, might as well do it right.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just for fun, I laid in the 912E sheetmetal I would be using if I wasn't doing a turbo motor and the upright fan shroud. Most likely I will sell these parts as they are kinda price given the fact only 2399 912E's were built.

IPB Image

More updates to come...Britain
Brad Roberts
Can somebody delete this thread ?? laugh.gif Go hang out with the 912 guy's.. you know they are "hip". You should have put OT: in the title..

Looks good man.

B
Britain Smith
There is 912 related content here...it is a Type-4 motor!

The 912 guys look down upon "outlaw" people like me, even though I am pumping life back into the car.

-Britain
Tom Perso
Looks good dude,

I have driven Griznant's 69 912 with a hot 2056 and it rocked... I wonder what this sucker will do!

Rock on!
Tom
Gint
Hell of a project Britain. I'll keep lookin at the pics if you keep postin 'em.
seanery
I agree with Brad, this should be marked OT. Imagine....oh, the humanity! ohmy.gif People had to wade through this thread. You should be so ashamed. wacko.gif
Gint
Oops. I forgot.

Next time add a "sorta OT" or "a tiny bit of 914 content" to the title. wink.gif Unless it's a bus motor. Then all bets are off and we kick you out. laugh.gif
Britain Smith
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 16 2004, 02:14 PM)
Oops. I forgot.

Next time add a "sorta OT" or "a tiny bit of 914 content" to the title. wink.gif Unless it's a bus motor. Then all bets are off and we kick you out. laugh.gif

Nope, I cut up a nice GA case for the turbo conversion. The engine is getting closer...I just got a box from aircooled.net with all new pushrod tubes and seals, and an adjustable pushrod measuring tool. With the parts I had cut by Patrick and the custom copper shims being cut at Jay's Machine shop, I should be able to get the engine closer to completion in the weeks to come.

Here is the page with all the progress pics...

Turbo 912 Project

-Britain
jonwatts
Looking really good. That front hole is quite large as you said. Who's gonna weld it up for you?
Britain Smith
Scott volunteered to help me out. He has a little bit of experience with body work, he has owned a body shop for like 20 years.

I have a bit more cleaning up to do before he gets called.

-Britain
Bleyseng
Nah, keep posting pics as its more interesting than Karls dog nuts!

Geoff wink.gif
Britain Smith
Well, as I promised...here are some updated pics of the suspension pan that Scott Yeamon welded in at his shop, Yeamon Auto Body. I must say, he did an awesome job.

Here is a pic of the new pan in...
IPB Image

He also welded up the cancer (rust) that I cut out...
IPB Image

I now have only one more spot to weld up, I cut this out early this week.
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.