Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getty Door Panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TurboWalt
In researching upgrades for my water cooled 1976. I keep finding references to Getty door panels. Are these 911 styled like their dash? I don't see them listed in their catalog. Can these still be purchased? It would be great to see some pics of these.

Thanks, Walter
carr914
Walt, I'm thinking that what was referenced was GT door panels, not Getty. They have a pull strap for the door opening mechanism.

I see them on eBay. Look under 914 GT

Stay Safe
jim_hoyland
Try AppBiz @ http://appbiz.com/

I didn't see pictures of his product line when I opened the web page, but they have a nice product line. Try calling Bob at Appbiz Monday, he is very helpful . I've bought several pieces from Appbiz and they show up at the bigger swapmeets.
IronHillRestorations
Original Fit Interiors used to make some upgraded 911 style door panels. They looked really nice and had a lower open pocket on each side. I don't know if they are still in business though, the guy is a bit of a flake, but can do good work.
Dr Evil
I was considering making my own as I have not had luck finding these. Post if you can find a manufacturer. smile.gif
Dr Evil
TC, those are not them, if he is talking about what I think he is. I will see if I can find a pic of them. A member just posted a pic of his car with some installed. They have the slanted pockets from a 911.
Dr Evil
Found them. These belong to moparrob from his 993 seat install thread. They are close to what I have seen. The best ones that I have seen, and that I believe were available from Getty, had the 911 door handles on the inside as well. This set below uses a different type of door handle.
jk76.914
No idea where I got this, but I liked the look so I saved the picture. Probably from this forum. All I know is the photo was taken with a Sony Cybershot DSC-T1 camera, on 12/16/2008 at 2:44 p.m.

I like how well it integrates into the stock arm rest configuration, and the red piping. Material looks to be a perforated vinyl, and maybe the seat cushion matches it....

Click to view attachment
Als914
QUOTE(TurboWalt @ Sep 12 2010, 03:30 AM) *

In researching upgrades for my water cooled 1976. I keep finding references to Getty door panels. Are these 911 styled like their dash? I don't see them listed in their catalog. Can these still be purchased? It would be great to see some pics of these.

Thanks, Walter

Not listed in their catalog but if you call Getty ( last time I contacted them) they can make up a set.
TurboWalt
I'll have to call them (Getty). I'm definitely looking for the 911 style, not the GT. Thanks for posting the pics.
jaxdream
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 12 2010, 11:46 AM) *

Found them. These belong to moparrob from his 993 seat install thread. They are close to what I have seen. The best ones that I have seen, and that I believe were available from Getty, had the 911 door handles on the inside as well. This set below uses a different type of door handle.

I saw those too , I'm not 100% sure , but I believe those may be from a 924 or early 944 . I did like the looks of them . I have a set of door pull handles from the late 70's 911 , the top flap / map pocket door / arm rest is longer than what colud be used in a 914 ( 914 door shorter than a 911 ) , so I will have to come up with a way to cut them down to fit and still look presentable . I do want the 911 pull handle style in my 914 , just not at that point of reconstruction ( maybe deconstruction ) of my 914 , but have been eyeballing other folks renderings . These on this subject car do look good.

Jack / Jaxdream
ConeDodger
I think I saw something like these on RiqueMar's car at RR this last weekend... Someone was asking him about them...
TurboWalt
I called Getty, they referred me to Autos International & Original Fit. It appears Original Fit is no longer in business. All I could find about them is poor service. I'll have to contact Autos International and see if they offer anything.
BKLA
I bought a pair of GT style panels from appbiz and they were well made and came with all the needed panel clips.

I believe that they also have a number of styles for the 914 door panels, you'll just have to call and get some images emailed to you as there aren't any on the website.
IronHillRestorations
The ones pictured in post #8 look just like the Original Fit Interior parts I had.
Sleepin
Yeah, RiqueMar had them on his black car. Very nice quality. They look like a modern door panel!
mikea100
This is door the panel that Dr. Evil is talking about. I think that it looks amazing.

From pelicanparts:
"For those who had asked about the door panels, I happened to stumble across the vendor that made them as I was thumbing through Panorama Magazine.

It is indeed called 'The Porsche Place' at (541)459-1700, 110Arrowhead Ranch Road, Oakland, OR 97463

No website listed though, hmmm. Maybe some industrious member can trade them web services for a set of panels?
"

TurboWalt
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Sep 14 2010, 04:48 AM) *

This is door the panel that Dr. Evil is talking about. I think that it looks amazing.

From pelicanparts:
"For those who had asked about the door panels, I happened to stumble across the vendor that made them as I was thumbing through Panorama Magazine.

It is indeed called 'The Porsche Place' at (541)459-1700, 110Arrowhead Ranch Road, Oakland, OR 97463

No website listed though, hmmm. Maybe some industrious member can trade them web services for a set of panels?
"

I think thats Original Fit, they were in Oakland, Oregon.
TurboWalt
Update:

"The Porsche Place" & "Original Fit Interiors" are the same place. Spoke with John. He does offer the updated 911 style door panels for our 914's. The pricing seemed to be reasonable, of course materials and stitching options drive the price up. He starts with a stock door panel and modifies it, does some fiberglassing etc. He has no cores, you must send him yours.
Given past feedback from various boards it appears that John does decent work. He is just very slow on filling orders. Has anybody here dealt with him in the past?
IronHillRestorations
Yes, John did an all leather 914 interior for me about 14 years ago. Came out awesome. I did have to call, and call, and call, and threaten legal action, but it came out beautiful.
914Sixer
Has anybody checked with James at 914 Appearance about making some of these up? He is now making the door covers and back wall in fiberglass.
TurboWalt
QUOTE(TurboWalt @ Sep 16 2010, 09:20 AM) *

Update:

"The Porsche Place" & "Original Fit Interiors" are the same place. Spoke with John. He does offer the updated 911 style door panels for our 914's. The pricing seemed to be reasonable, of course materials and stitching options drive the price up. He starts with a stock door panel and modifies it, does some fiberglassing etc. He has no cores, you must send him yours.
Given past feedback from various boards it appears that John does decent work. He is just very slow on filling orders. Has anybody here dealt with him in the past?

I just received an E/mail back from John @ Original Fit. Apparently he was sourcing his armrest pockets from Getty, which are NLA. The search continues, I want a set of these.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 16 2010, 07:48 PM) *

Has anybody checked with James at 914 Appearance about making some of these up? He is now making the door covers and back wall in fiberglass.

agree.gif

James is just finishing up a custom back pad for me, and now that he is using the fiberglass panals- he has fiberglass door panals already- i am sure he could do custom- might be doing a mod. to 911 actual arm rest but i bet he can get it done for us, maybe a group buy thing or something like that.

Phil
TurboWalt
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 17 2010, 03:18 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 16 2010, 07:48 PM) *

agree.gif

James is just finishing up a custom back pad for me, and now that he is using the fiberglass panals- he has fiberglass door panals already- i am sure he could do custom- might be doing a mod. to 911 actual arm rest but i bet he can get it done for us, maybe a group buy thing or something like that.

Phil

I just sent James an e/mail about an hour ago. Maybe with more than just one e/mail to him we could twist his arm a little on this? I'm more than willing and would be very happy to have a new pair of panels made from the glass ones that he offers now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.