Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for rebuilt rear calipers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lapuwali
Took the leaky caliper off the car, and every fastener is frozen solid and stripping. So, I'm considering the remanufactured route. Is there any source for these other than that nameless place in Georgia? The bird says they're NLA. I suppose I should call HPH...
lmcchesney
Try these guys,
http://www.pap-parts.com/store/products.asp?dept=1663
If you are going to replace the rear calipers, why not consider 911 or BMW calipers?
L. McChesney
lapuwali
If you are going to replace the rear calipers, why not consider 911 or BMW calipers?

I hope to only replace the leaky one, for one thing. The other is still OK (for now). The fronts were rebuilt by the PO less than 2000 miles ago, and are in good shape. I don't race this car, so the stock brakes are perfectly adequate.

Thanks for the pointer.
JeffBowlsby
Just go see RichNBrad...they have hundreds of rear calipers...
davep
When I rebuild calipers I almost always sell pairs. That way they should both work equally.
lagunero
when adding BMW rear calipers, do you retain the parking brake?
Brad Roberts
No (on the above question).

Wecan do them or sell you a pair exchange. I have them on the shelf (last time I checked).. call first.

B
lagunero
Thanks Brad. Can't find your number, can you PM it or post it?
Brad Roberts
He is local to me... buy yours from Otto's and support your local shop wink.gif

Seriously.. no need for me to ship calipers to you.

B
lagunero
Brad, I do believe in supporting my local shops. I've also been to Otto's shop and paid full price for the products they've (Steve) sold me. Even after Wayne at P.P. scolded me for willcalling I've still made the drive there several times after. But time is of the essence and shipping from No. CA or So. CA is no biggie, right?

Not to buy from Otto's has nothing to do about the Miles deal and at P.P. are NLA?
Brad Roberts
Cool man. I appreciate the thought and fully understand where you are coming from. Scolded by Wayne ?? LOL crack him on the head... is he over a 150lbs yet ??

B
lagunero
laugh.gif don't know about that, it was over the phone. They are great people there and I understand where he's coming from but I'm old school and prefer to do business face to face as much as posible. Don't make me quote the addict from "Menace to Society", for the PM that is wink.gif
Eric_Shea
Wayne's cranky... I'm sure he's knowledgable and a nice guy on good days but they should never allow him to interface with paying customers. Tom saved my biz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.