Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 924 GTS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
On E-bay. One of those rarities you hardly ever see up for sale. Could be interesting drooley.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&viewitem=
Andyrew
75k now? I think its already hit its max...

That being said.. I LOVE the GTS's
jmill
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 12 2010, 11:22 AM) *

I LOVE the GTS's

agree.gif One of my personal favorites also.
carr914
It's been on Bring a Trailer all week - about 95 comments so far
pete000
WOW! There is one in Michigan or might still be there at Fred Lavery Porsche Birmingham.
EdwardBlume
1 bid at $75K. For a nice looking 944 that can go 0-60 in 6 seconds...

Um. OK.
jmill
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 12 2010, 11:33 AM) *

Um. OK.

It's actually a raced out 931. Closer to the 924 than the 944. Kinda surprising a 914 guy would take a shot at a souped up underdog. blink.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 12 2010, 08:33 AM) *

Um. OK.

RRRRRRiiiiiiiiiiiight and the 916 is still just a glorified VW
Mike Bellis
It's neat looking. If you buy it, you'll have to store it in a bubble. There's no way you can find parts if it breaks... and it will.
al weidman
yellowsleep[1].gif This guy was at the Dunkel Show last year and was really pissed because he didn't get any respect. They made him park with the unremarkable Porsches in the field. Excellence had an feature article on a GTS, in the midwest, I think. It was the pinnacle for 944's. 944's have lots of wheels usable on 914's. A nice 944 will be rare in the future. Better get one while you can. Saw a couple of them at Thunderhill, they were fast and highly simplified. I had a chance to race one at Riverside, a Porsche driving school, very will balanced and fun to drive. I think the maintenance costs compared to residiual value is what hurt them the most. A Porsche is a Porsche and is expensive to maintain, even if it is cheap to buy. Hell, my Jetta costs more to maintain than my C class Mercedes did. At 72k, it now needs $1700 worth of timing belt water pump and crank position sensor. Don't get me started. headbang.gif welcome.png
ripper911
I should have bought that 924 carrera gt when I had the chance.
But, I didn't... mad.gif
al weidman
OT, Scotty what ever happened to Dr. Evil's car and that other one we were following?
mepstein
QUOTE(al weidman @ Sep 13 2010, 08:50 PM) *

OT, Scotty what ever happened to Dr. Evil's car and that other one we were following?

If you're referring to the mepstein car, the clueless owner is gathering parts for a 6 conversion. 3.2 engine has been sourced and trans is with the all powerful - Dr Evil. Scott has a trick or 2 up his sleeve when it comes to rust repair and I'm not one to spoil the surprise.

Not sure about Dr. Evil's car. Scott might have shot the 916 bumper into space to be consumed by the sun.

It's all good.
iamchappy
Maybe i should make my 87 924s into a clone GTS, the thing needs body work anyhow...... confused24.gif

I've run out of things i can do to the 914....i might as well do it smash.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(al weidman @ Sep 12 2010, 11:34 PM) *

yellowsleep[1].gif This guy was at the Dunkel Show last year and was really pissed because he didn't get any respect. They made him park with the unremarkable Porsches in the field. Excellence had an feature article on a GTS, in the midwest, I think. It was the pinnacle for 944's. 944's have lots of wheels usable on 914's. A nice 944 will be rare in the future. Better get one while you can. Saw a couple of them at Thunderhill, they were fast and highly simplified. I had a chance to race one at Riverside, a Porsche driving school, very will balanced and fun to drive. I think the maintenance costs compared to residiual value is what hurt them the most. A Porsche is a Porsche and is expensive to maintain, even if it is cheap to buy. Hell, my Jetta costs more to maintain than my C class Mercedes did. At 72k, it now needs $1700 worth of timing belt water pump and crank position sensor. Don't get me started. headbang.gif welcome.png

You DO know that this topic is a discussion of a 924 derivitive, right?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(jmill @ Sep 12 2010, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 12 2010, 11:33 AM) *

Um. OK.

It's actually a raced out 931. Closer to the 924 than the 944. Kinda surprising a 914 guy would take a shot at a souped up underdog. blink.gif

Agreed.

See my tag line: "I never met a Porsche I didn't like!"
tomeric914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 13 2010, 09:24 PM) *

If you're referring to the mepstein car, the clueless owner is gathering parts for a 6 conversion. 3.2 engine has been sourced and trans is with the all powerful - Dr Evil. Scott has a trick or 2 up his sleeve when it comes to rust repair and I'm not one to spoil the surprise.

Did you happen to source the 3.2 off eBay this past week?
Eric_Shea
Maybe i should make my 87 924s into a clone GTS, the thing needs body work anyhow......

I've run out of things i can do to the 914....i might as well do it

agree.gif I'd love to strip a 924 and build one of these. Check GT. All of the glass is available.
mepstein
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Sep 13 2010, 11:21 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 13 2010, 09:24 PM) *

Did you happen to source the 3.2 off eBay this past week?

Yes, the engine is a brand new motormeister build. 500hp lol-2.gif

No, really, It's a private sale. Never been advertised and sort of close by. I also talked to Rick at weekendrides.com (porsche salvage) in northern PA. Don't know his reputation but seemed to know what he was talking about and had good prices. Might be a good source for us east coast guys doing 6 conversions.
carr914
A friend of mine has a GTS and a GTR

and a RSR

and a IROC

and Two 935s

and Three 962s

and a GT3R

and a 914-6 irish914.jpg

Click to view attachment

Cupomeat
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 14 2010, 09:43 AM) *

and a RSR

and a IROC

and Two 935s

and Three 962s

and a GT3R

pray.gif and wub.gif

I am truly jealous of that toy list. drooley.gif

Ah, to have that kind of money... I need to start working for myself.

Any pictures of his stable?
iamchappy
If i do this, i have to do something about the engine, i cant have it look like it's fast if it's not....maybe a V8 or V6 or something, i think a 951 turbo conversion may be to costly to do but would be coolest and truer to form.
championgt1
I saw one that the guy had put 968 running gear in.
carr914
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Sep 14 2010, 09:54 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 14 2010, 09:43 AM) *

and a RSR
and a IROC
and Two 935s
and Three 962s
and Two GT3Rs

I am truly jealous of that toy list. drooley.gif

Ah, to have that kind of money... I need to start working for myself.

Any pictures of his stable?

He doesn't have to work but does (owns a couple of small companies in addition to his personal race shop) - his Dad invented Gatorade and is the only one of the chemists that didn't sell out to Stokely VannCamp

His former GTR

Click to view attachment

His Current GTR

Click to view attachment

His 935s

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

carr914
His 962s

Street 962 - he is converting it to a RaceCar

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

His Racers

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
The GT3 that he drove to Victory in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona first.gif

Click to view attachment

The Factory Poster

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and the GT3 that Porsche Gave him, because they used his Daytona Winning car on the show circuit for a couple of months

Click to view attachment
carr914
Some of his other toys - Two Grand-Am Daytona Prototypes (1 Porsche Powered, 1 BMW), 2 BMW M3 V-8s ( ex PTG) 2 Riley & Scott WSC cars ( ex Dyson)

Porsche 936 go-cart

Click to view attachment

One of His Riley & Scotts

Click to view attachment

R&S with his RSR behind it

Click to view attachment
carr914
His Yellow -6 that I used to keep at my house - he has since Sold it to a friend of ours that lives around the corner from me

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

He now has an Irish Green -6 that I need to get some pictures of

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.