Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: While you guys were at Moab...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
Now it's not a real 6 and the motor is gone to Germany but it was FREE!

Story: The guy is a German exporter. He sells mostly 911's and ships to Germany. This 914-6 was going to Germany when the buyer decided he would pay to have it stripped and only the parts were shipped. The export guy posted on CL for a free 914-6 with 911 5 lug conversion. The car still has the 914-6 bulkhead mount. The 911 callipers are missing. It is a little rusty and a PO removed the jack posts. The exporter hacked the engine bay some to get the oil tank out. There's also a stress crack in the passenger door jam. Everything but the spare tire is in the front trunk. Back pad is there with retracting seatbelts behind. It has a BAR sticker for the engine conversion 2.4L. So it would be legal in Cali. I'm not sure yet what I will do with it. I do need a rear clip for a trailer project. I may part it out. The wheels I supplied to make it a roller. I will add the VIN to the data base.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
More

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
more

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
More

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
biosurfer1
I had just seen this on CL...great pickup. What kind of 5 lug conversion does it have?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 12 2010, 11:58 AM) *

I had just seen this on CL...great pickup. What kind of 5 lug conversion does it have?

The front is a Bilstein 911 setup. The rear ??? does not look like a re-drill. KYB's in back. I only looked at it for a minute before I put wheels on it. No callipers front or rear.
biosurfer1
Hm...if you decide to part it out, give me first crack at the 5 lug. I'll even help you part it out.
Andyrew
Wow, Talk about a score!!!!
Mike Bellis
I should mention, the dash has only a single crack. otherwise mint! Hard to decide what to do with it. Race Car? Driver? Parts?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Here's some more pics. I think East Cost guys and them dudes in the UK would kill for a roller with this much rust. I can't believe I'm considering cutting this one up.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
More

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
beech4rd
"I think East Cost guys and them dudes in the UK would kill for a roller with this much rust. I can't believe I'm considering cutting this one up."

On behalf of the East Coast guys and them English dudes, I'd like to say we can't believe it either. Who do we have to kill?

Seriously, though, I've just been at a PCA picnic and I spent a good hour discussing rust with a fellow 4 jack stands and a pile of rust owner and I think that if both of us weren't as deep into our projects as we are, it would probably be worth a grand plus the cross country shipping for either of us to have started with that roller. You'd have had to throw in four five lug VW wheels and old tires for the grand.

Chris
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(beech4rd @ Sep 12 2010, 02:47 PM) *

"I think East Cost guys and them dudes in the UK would kill for a roller with this much rust. I can't believe I'm considering cutting this one up."

On behalf of the East Coast guys and them English dudes, I'd like to say we can't believe it either. Who do we have to kill?

Seriously, though, I've just been at a PCA picnic and I spent a good hour discussing rust with a fellow 4 jack stands and a pile of rust owner and I think that if both of us weren't as deep into our projects as we are, it would probably be worth a grand plus the cross country shipping for either of us to have started with that roller. You'd have had to throw in four five lug VW wheels and old tires for the grand.

Chris

For $1000 I'd throw in those BBS wheels... Serious buyers PM me before I chop it up.
NC_Colfax
If you cut I would love a few parts.....
carr914
I'm in for the engine mount if it can come out. It looks bolted in ?

T.C.
FourBlades

Try to sell it for a while before cutting it up. The 5 lug parts and bulkhead
mount are $1000 by themselves. Someone could save a lot of time and money
by starting with this car.

They aren't making any more of these.

John
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 12 2010, 05:18 PM) *

I'm in for the engine mount if it can come out. It looks bolted in ?

T.C.

There's a bolt in the center. The sides each have a 3" vertical weld to the fire wall. Looks easy to salvage without damage.
Andyrew
Your contemplating cutting it up? Send the chassis my way if you dont want it... tongue.gif (PS I wouldnt need the 6 mount)

I say make it a driver! I smell a suby conversion...
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 12 2010, 08:02 PM) *

Your contemplating cutting it up? Send the chassis my way if you dont want it... tongue.gif (PS I wouldnt need the 6 mount)

It needs a lot of parts before it could be drivable. Forget the engine and tranny for a minute. The Export guy hacked the harness too. He was taking the engine out with a saws all, I think. It looks like this car was not driven in some time, years maybe. No brakes, just front rotors, master cylinder and rear prop valve remain. All other brake parts sent to Germany. I think he sent everything that came off easily. Front turn signal housings and head light assemblies were to time consuming to remove. Rear lights are gone. Gauge cluster gone. Shifter gone. I should pull the gas cap and see what's doing in the tank. It did come with a mint condition VDO 2-1/16 gas gauge mounted under the dash???? I would also need to track down a tittle to get it on the road. Bill of sale only. I would need another parts car to get this one going. The body is very solid. Not much rust. Even the passenger long is very solid. the hole in the side looks like damage and not rust through. The metal there is very thick and solid. I won't be doing any rust repair unless I decide to keep it.
FourBlades

All the missing parts require just a few days of bolting stuff on. Fixing a rusty shell
is $1000s in parts and 100s of hours.

Someone could save themself a lot of heartache by starting with this.

I'd be on it if it was closer to me and I did not have 2 more projects in line.

John
Andyrew
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 12 2010, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 12 2010, 08:02 PM) *

It needs a lot of parts before it could be drivable. Forget the engine and tranny for a minute.

I have a parts car in my shed smile.gif (However I have sold off most of it..)

However if it was my shell I have some other idea's, I wouldnt need any 914 stuff. smile.gif

Seriously though, Keep it. Put it in the back and wait till parts heaven swap meet or something, you can get parts CHEAP. In the mean time you can see about getting the title. If its BOS and its out of the system, putting it back is ~$100.. Go to AAA, they can handle it.
Mike Bellis
I found some major hidden frame damage. Goober welded and then hidden behind caulking. Someone did a repair? Lousy welding, then filled in the voids with black silicone and covered that with undercoating. I knew the jack post missing was a red flag so I poked around and found it. There is also a major stress crack in the passenger door jam. Looks like I'm going to cut it up and part it out. If I lived anywhere else, I would consider fixing it. There is just too many good rollers here in California. Time to make my 914 trailer. Now I can cut up my motorcycle trailer and graft the two together.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
More

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
I forgot to mention the free mouse that came with the car. If anyone wants parts or this mouse PM me.

Click to view attachment
a914dude
Are you going to need parts? I just picked up a 914/4 in Reno. It's a 1975 model. I'm a 911 person and negotiating for a /6.

I'll keep some parts and sell the rest.
Andyrew
Sad... Yup thats a trailer...

arkitect
Mike,
Too bad it wasn't in better shape. I just got a 76 that we got all the parts off that we needed, was going to offer it up to you for your trailer project, the floor on the passenger side is mostly gone but the rear of the vehicle is still pretty good except the hell hole area needs some work.

It probably will end up being cut up.

Dave
Andyrew
Dave,

Lemme know if you want to part with it, I have a bunch of 914 projects that I would love to do.. BARE tub would be perfect to me

PM me, Maybe there is some 914 parts you need or labor help?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.