Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Volvo torque specs needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
I'm hoping someone here ( maybe the Crustastious one ) has the torque specs for a 99 Volvo S80 T-6 cam housing bolts. I have the head specs and it is done, but I have searched all over creation and can't find any info on the cam housing torque. I even bought a manual from Europe, downloaded it and can't get it to open. Anyone ???? confused24.gif
kkid
wonder if this chart would help.

http://www.imperialinc.com/pdf/A_FastenerTorqueCharts.pdf

or send us the file so we can try open it?
anderssj
Is this for a B6284T (twin turbo)?

I checked the VADIS software for the 1999 B6284T--it explains how, but no torque values blink.gif

I also checked the torque table, and no listing for the cam housing bolts. I know the guys at the local dealership real well--I'll check with them tomorrow.

Let me know if it's different engine.

Best,

Steve A-

If the software you ordered was the VADIS stuff, I may have additional instructions here somewhere. If I find them I'll PM you.
anderssj
OK, I went to the shop at Wynne Volvo over lunch--we checked both their quick reference specification book and their on-line system VADI (?) and we couldn't find a specific reference for torque values for the 1999 s80 cam cover/housing. We also looked at the specs for other vehicles using that same basic engine (XC90, others) and got the same result: nada. blink.gif

I talked to their lead technician (certified Volvo master tech) and he thought the cam cover was held in place with "around 40" M7 bolts and that they should be tightened to 17NM (about 12.5 foot-lbs). This figure fits with Volvo's rule of thumb for torquing an M7 bolt (grade 8.8).

FWIW, their spec on an M6 bolt is 10NM; M8 is tightened to 24NM.

Sorry I couldn't find anything definite.

Steve A-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.