Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does this wire go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBR
Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me where this wire is supposed to be connected to? It is white and splits off from the insulation of the wire that goes to the distributor.

IPB Image

Splits off from the insulation for this wire
IPB Image

It's a '74 2.0

Thanks!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The white wire in the ignition harness near the distributor goes to the auxiliary air valve. It has a red wire coming out of the bottom of it.
PBR
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 12 2010, 08:45 PM) *

The white wire in the ignition harness near the distributor goes to the auxiliary air valve. It has a red wire coming out of the bottom of it.

Great, thanks for the quick reply!

Now... what does the auxiliary air valve do exactly?

And where would it be located~ I'm guessing around the intake (?)

***EDIT***

NVM, I found the answer.

My 914 is missing that valve though. Is it essential for smooth running though?

The car currently will start sometimes... but not every time. Still trying to figure out why that is.
Cupomeat
Auxiliary air valve is intended to help the car on cold start.

It allows additional air to raise the idle of the car until the heating element heats up and closes the valve, thus giving you warm idle air from the bypass around the throttle body.

Lacking a AAV would make a tougher idle at cold temps, but little else in normal running.
PBR
Good to know, thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be able to find the real issue soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.