Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flashing E-brake light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
My E-brake light has decided to continue flashing now even though my brake is completely released. Is there some secondary cause to this possible or do I need to focus on the E-brake?
Krieger
Your brake may be down, but it might not be pushing the switch on the cross member. With your brake handle up look down at the switch and push it. There is also a reset button on the side of the master cylinder. I don't remember the conditions that would trip it.
underthetire
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 13 2010, 08:27 AM) *

Your brake may be down, but it might not be pushing the switch on the cross member. With your brake handle up look down at the switch and push it. There is also a reset button on the side of the master cylinder. I don't remember the conditions that would trip it.

agree.gif
Low brake pressure will do that as well. headbang.gif And the one day you back out of the garage without checking your gauges.
blitZ
If you bled your brakes recently, the low pressure will require the reset button on the MC to be reset.
McMark
Some MC brake switches do not have a reset button. I've had MC switches that had failed. The good news is that you can pull the MC switch without having to re-bleed your brakes. So if all else fails, you can pull the switch out and bench test it with an ohmmeter.
al weidman
Trust me, it's your MC brake failure switch. My '75 did not have a reset button. Pull and replace or you can try just pulling the wire off the switch to confirm the problem. Al
hot_shoe914
Thanks guys for all the input. I will let you know how it turns out.

Shoe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.