Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moab
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Great fun and fantastic comaraderie. A special thx to Eric aka Sleepin for lowering my front end so it "looks like a 914" and to Jamie aka JRust for showing me how to rotate my air cleaner into the "correct" position.
We departed Ron's shop 0215, picked up Toast in Vegas (however, I'm pretty sure she was already toasted) and met the guys at Renegade. Nice group of people and they love what they do. Then it was on to Mesquite to where we hooked up with Andy (aka SoCal Andy) his wife and Enrique (aka RiqueMar) and his girl. Now some of you may have heard of poor Enriques situation. He has to drive his dads old 3.6 914. Got to hand it to him. He never complained about it once. A real trooper.
I wish the return trip had been as uneventful as the trip there, bowever that was not to be. Ron's 2.7 began to shed its fuel pump and required a few rest stops. It appeared to run better when it had a full tank than it did with a 1/2 tank or less. We lost him at a stop lite in Vegas and never saw him again. Hope you made it back alright, Ron. We kept looking for you on the side of the road. When we (now just Linda Horne and myself) got to Victorville Linda's alt gave up the ghost. She was within her AAA tow range so I left her at a gas station waiting for AAA and headed in the last 80 miles solo. Home at last in one piece. piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
I bet Linda just giggled and smiled about it too. What a fantastic person with an amazing outlook on life she is. I was inspired. I hope her car is safely tucked away at home soon!
McMark
Oh, no! The alternator finally died. sad.gif Well at least it got her back closer to home.

Ron, where are you?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.